Friday, October 10, 2008

"Winding" Down the Day

This is a Johnny Jump Up:



They've been around for years. Apparently my sister loved it when she was a baby and all my kids have either liked it or loved it. It hangs from the moulding around the opening of a door or entry way. It's got some kind of spring in it so that the baby can jump safely....My kids have used it for jumping...swinging...and spinning. I don't know where the manual is for the device, but I am fairly sure it warns against anything but jumping.

So I pull out the Johnny Jump Up for Carly the other day and it didn't take long for her to "figure" out how this new toy works. I figured she could use it to "unwind" from a long day. Check out the video below.



If you watched the video all the way through, you may have not realized that you actually sat there watching Carly wind herself up and then unwind for just over 3 minutes STRAIGHT! She controlled the spinning the whole time (minus Raya giving her the nudges in the beginning). She knows exactly what she's doing. It's hilarious to watch. For those of you wondering...No, I did not speed up the video. It is all in real motion. I guess she's starting her training for ballet school. She's got the spinning on one foot down and from the looks of it...she's not THAT dizzy...or is she?

2 comments:

  1. It is obvious Carly isn't your first child. That video was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute video, Rachael!

    Carly is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete