I really love blogging. I do, but life happens and more important things get first dibs on my valuable time. I've compiled a Top 5 list of items that have really helped in the staleness of my blog. They are:
5. Fundraising...
It's that time again. Raya brought home an Incredible Edibles fundraiser and the day after those were due, she brought home a magazine subscription fundraiser. Malia and Ethan have gotten their annual Jog A Thon Fundraiser going on now and if this year is anything like the past 5 years, they will be bringing home another fundraiser for yummy desserts shortly after the Jog A Thon is over...seriously...I'm broke and I'm tired of hitting up people for $$$!
4. Homework...
Although this is a picture of the King of Homework Quickness...Homework really sucks around here. Some nights are better than others, but it's been quite a challenge making sure the girls have their homework completed before 10pm... The next few items on my list will give you reason as to why homework is getting done so late!
3. Extracuricular Activities...
With 3 kids in soccer, 3 times a week, one would think that would be crazy enough. Any normal person would think so, but not us...The Durlings can't get enough crazy so we twisted Raya's arm and forced her (ok, maybe it was the other way around) to join her school's volleyball team. Not only does she have practice twice a week, she also has 2 games a week all the while keeping up with her soccer team and school work. It wouldn't be too much of an issue except that the games are all the way out in Carmichael which causes for about a 30 minute drive both ways which is why this (along with many other reasons):
is my second home!
2. Yard work:
Yes, we are still not finished and I really don't want to talk about it so don't ask...
And the number one reason why blogging has been stalled...
LAUNDRY...it never ends!







What a fun post! I'm glad that even though you're busy, everyone seems healthy and happy!
ReplyDeleteLove it! Hate fundraising!
ReplyDelete