Jennifer married her high school sweetheart whom she started her family with. She had just given birth to her 3rd child last week. A son named Jake. Jake is the brother of two beautiful older sisters Makenzy and Kacy, who are 7 and 5 years old and look just like her. My heart is broken and yet I have realized, once again, that God will call us back on his terms and on his time and we may not know when that will be. With her death, I have pondered all night and day about my life and where I am with the people I love and most importantly, where I am spiritually. Heavenly Father has a plan for all of us and even with this knowledge, I can't help but think why would he call back a mother of not only small children, but a week old infant. I can't imagine leaving this mortal earth with my children so young, yet it happens all the time. It is so sad to think of how things are going to work out for her family, but it will, because it has to. My thoughts and prayers are with Jennifer's family at this time, especially with her husband and 3 small children. I pray that the spirit can comfort them and all who are affected by the death of Jennifer. May they draw closer to God and ask for his comfort and strength and not curse him. May they wrap each other in their arms and love each other and draw strength from each other and may they raise those kids to always remember their mother and remember the love she had for them and may Jake always know who his mother was and that she stayed alive long enough to bring him into this world so that he could get his body and fulfill his mission on earth. I pray that all of you who are reading this post will remember how precious life is and how short is can be. Give your children an extra hug and kiss and tell them you love them all the time for you don't know when it will be the last time. To Jennifer Brown Gilbert...May you Rest in Peace in the loving arms of the Savior.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
I'm So Sad
Among sorrow and grief, death brings realization and perspective. A dear friend of my sisters passed away yesterday. She was a young woman of only 34. Her name was Jennifer.

Jennifer married her high school sweetheart whom she started her family with. She had just given birth to her 3rd child last week. A son named Jake. Jake is the brother of two beautiful older sisters Makenzy and Kacy, who are 7 and 5 years old and look just like her. My heart is broken and yet I have realized, once again, that God will call us back on his terms and on his time and we may not know when that will be. With her death, I have pondered all night and day about my life and where I am with the people I love and most importantly, where I am spiritually. Heavenly Father has a plan for all of us and even with this knowledge, I can't help but think why would he call back a mother of not only small children, but a week old infant. I can't imagine leaving this mortal earth with my children so young, yet it happens all the time. It is so sad to think of how things are going to work out for her family, but it will, because it has to. My thoughts and prayers are with Jennifer's family at this time, especially with her husband and 3 small children. I pray that the spirit can comfort them and all who are affected by the death of Jennifer. May they draw closer to God and ask for his comfort and strength and not curse him. May they wrap each other in their arms and love each other and draw strength from each other and may they raise those kids to always remember their mother and remember the love she had for them and may Jake always know who his mother was and that she stayed alive long enough to bring him into this world so that he could get his body and fulfill his mission on earth. I pray that all of you who are reading this post will remember how precious life is and how short is can be. Give your children an extra hug and kiss and tell them you love them all the time for you don't know when it will be the last time. To Jennifer Brown Gilbert...May you Rest in Peace in the loving arms of the Savior.
Jennifer married her high school sweetheart whom she started her family with. She had just given birth to her 3rd child last week. A son named Jake. Jake is the brother of two beautiful older sisters Makenzy and Kacy, who are 7 and 5 years old and look just like her. My heart is broken and yet I have realized, once again, that God will call us back on his terms and on his time and we may not know when that will be. With her death, I have pondered all night and day about my life and where I am with the people I love and most importantly, where I am spiritually. Heavenly Father has a plan for all of us and even with this knowledge, I can't help but think why would he call back a mother of not only small children, but a week old infant. I can't imagine leaving this mortal earth with my children so young, yet it happens all the time. It is so sad to think of how things are going to work out for her family, but it will, because it has to. My thoughts and prayers are with Jennifer's family at this time, especially with her husband and 3 small children. I pray that the spirit can comfort them and all who are affected by the death of Jennifer. May they draw closer to God and ask for his comfort and strength and not curse him. May they wrap each other in their arms and love each other and draw strength from each other and may they raise those kids to always remember their mother and remember the love she had for them and may Jake always know who his mother was and that she stayed alive long enough to bring him into this world so that he could get his body and fulfill his mission on earth. I pray that all of you who are reading this post will remember how precious life is and how short is can be. Give your children an extra hug and kiss and tell them you love them all the time for you don't know when it will be the last time. To Jennifer Brown Gilbert...May you Rest in Peace in the loving arms of the Savior.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jennifer was also a friend of my sister's. Her 7 year old and my sisters daughter were on the same soccer team. My prayers go out to her family.
ReplyDeleteRach, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. My heart goes out to her family! You're absolutely right, though. You just never know what is going to happen in life. I guess that's why you just need to take it one day at a time and make the most of the time you have.....
ReplyDelete