She had her 18 month doctor appointment today. When they put her on the scale, all I could do was quietly laugh. A nurse who obviously is familiar with our family (cause the doctor's office is like our second home), walked by and said "She hasn't gained any weight has she?"...All I could say was "Nope"...Carly weighed in a whopping 18 lbs. 13 oz. That's 0.04% and not even on the growth charts! Technically, she should still be facing backwards in the car. To put it in perspective for you, a friend of mine has a five month old who weighs, 18 lbs. Another friend of mine has a six month old who weighs 16 lbs. One more friend of mine has a daughter who is 3 days older than Carly and weighs close to 30 lbs. My child's a shrimp. Guess she fits right into the Poindexter side. If you know my side of the family, you know exactly what I'm talking about.
An hour before her appointment, she was running and tripped, landing right into the corner of a chair. I was praying that when I picked her up and faced her to me, she wouldn't be gushing with blood. She wasn't but she had a huge goose egg on her head with a bloody mark. The doctor took a look at it and said that it was a hemotomin (spelling?) and not to be surprised if she woke up in the morning with black eyes. I don't beat my children, I swear.
The doctor's office had a teeny tiny basket of toys in the room. While waiting for the doctor, Carly dumped all the stuff out and climbed in: (if you look close enough, you can see the goose egg on her forehead through her massive amount of hair)

I just love that little girl of mine!
What a cute picture!
ReplyDeleteI think Carly is staying small especially for you since she's your last baby. That way you can enjoy having a "tiny tot" in the family for a bit longer.
ReplyDelete[And so she'll still be small by the time I finally get to see her!]
How sweet! I'm glad you weren't arrested for the goose egg :). She's a tiny thing, for sure.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Marqueta
Miss Carly- so tiny and so cute. Would that be my chunky 6 month old that you were referring to? :)
ReplyDelete