I've recently wondered if blogging was just a fad that I got caught up in. It seemed like everyone had a blog and some (including me) even blogged more than once a day. I also enjoyed reading other people's blogs, but that too faded as I walked away from blogland. Occasionally, I could spare some time to run through my favorite's list and catch up, but I found that many of my friends (you) also hadn't blogged for many months. So eventually, I kind of just stopped. About a week ago, I started going through the Daring Durling blog. I was copying and pasting it into word so that I can someday print it. While doing this, I got to read a lot of past posts. It was so fun. I had forgotten about a lot of the stuff that I read. I had started feeling really sad that I hadn't been more faithful in keeping up with posting our lives. I couldn't believe that it had been 6 months since I had posted anything of importance. Six months of our lives not documented. It made me sad, but then, I resolved to make the change and head back into the cyber world of blogging...so here I am. I'm back!
Along with many other things, one thing I can honestly point out for my absence from here is FACEBOOK. Yes, Facebook! I mean, really? isn't it much easier to write a status update in a few minutes (or even seconds) than it is to meticulously create a post that not only tells of your daily happenings but is also entertaining for the reader? Fortunately for me, I was able to go back into time through facebook and copy and paste all my status updates into Microsoft Word. Some updates had meaning, others were just random thoughts, but it was somewhat comforting to know that I hadn't lost ALL the memories of the last six months. With that being wrote, I am going to start my new blogging life going back six months in time via facebook...On this, my new and improved blog. I will post numerous updates throughout the next few weeks and go into detail on ones that I feel are of some importance. I hope you will stay and read until I catch up to the present. Alrighty then, I'm on my way back to the past...care to join me?
PAST:
On December 31, 2009 at 3:50pm, I wrote:
"Rachael Poindexter Durling just became a fan of Edward Cullen on accident only because I wanted to comment to Ms. Hilary L. about her becoming one...There's no harm in leaving it right???? "
Comments from friends:
~Candice Humes "Who isn't a fan of Edward Cullen? So dreamy..."
~Jennifer Thompson "Whatever. You can lie to yourself if you want...but don't try to lie to you FB friends...we're not buying it! Team Jacob!"
~Jacob Poindexter "You are a liar, Madam."
~Anna Durling "Uh huh...sure Rachael ;-)
PRESENT NOTES:
It's only fitting that I start this post off with something to do with Twilight. It truly was an accident that I became a fan of Edward Cullen. I really wanted to just share the link with a friend of mine (Hilary) who REALLY is a fan of Edward. Although I really think that the Cullen's are pretty spectacular...Let me get one thing straight! I am definitely on Team Jacob!
Nope not a waste. So glad you're back!
ReplyDeleteI think that blogging is way superior to facebook. Sometimes I feel too busy to keep up with my blog very much, but I keep plugging away at it. I really think that we will treasure them in years to come.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, your blog design is absolutely stunning!
-Corri