It seems as if there's either a ton of stuff happening, or nothing at all. October has proved to be a month of many happenings, but for now, I'd like to share one special one...
This is my little brother Jake:

Isn't he a handsome one?
Recently, I read his facebook page that had a note to his lady that said "I was thinking if you don't have any plans this weekend, we should totally get married. Yes?" and her reply was "I think my schedule is clear. Let's get hitched!" So...On October 17th, he made this lovely lady a Mrs:

Isn't she gorgeous? (BTW, the wedding was planned...just want to make that clear, for those of you who are delusional and think you could pull a wedding off like this in a weekend)





(These awesome photos were from their wedding photographers and my photographer idols, Chris and Jen Stewart of www.JenStewartPhotography.com)
It was an honor for me to be asked to be a bridesmaid and though I cannot speak for Patrick, I'm sure he was honored to be asked as a groomsmen.

And Ethan learned what a ring bearer was. He says when asked what a ring bearer is: "I bring the ring to Uncle Jake and then he puts the ring on Aunt Sarah's finger." He was a handsome son of a gun:

The day was absolutely amazing! And the rain didn't even bring it down. It was such a fun filled relaxing day/night. I don't know if anyone was actually stressed out about the day, but if there was, it didn't show. Everything ran smoothly and seemed just perfect.
One of the highlights of the evening (especially if you ask Malia) was the photo booth. I guess it's a new trend for I have seen these types of pictures around a lot lately, but this was the first that I actually got to experience the process. It's an actual Photobooth like the kind you would see at an amusement park that spits out 4 photos of you and whoever is in it with you... What a great souvenir, and trust me, I have a lot of them (most of them containing a certain 8 year old). These are just a few, when Jake and Sarah get the CD, I'll probably dedicate an entire post to the memory of the "Photobooth". Picture of a picture (I need a new scanner), kind of cruddy, but you get the point.




Since it was a school night and I inherited an extra child for the night (what's another kid anyway?), we headed out a little early, but not before watching Ethan break dance on the dance floor and twirl his cousin Rylie in a manly manner. All the kids enjoyed the dance floor which was shared by some crazy guy dancing disgustingly with my dad's girlfriend and other various women. I ran into him in the elevator before we left...he was gay...Ha!
The rehearsal and luncheon happened the day before. I was able to send the two older girls off to their soccer games with friends who were willing to keep them until late in the afternoon. The wedding was at the Citizen Hotel in downtown Sacramento. It's a very 1940ish style hotel with political type artwork adorning the place. Perfect for both Jake and Sarah's style. I really fell in love with the lobby. It had a study feel. Books all around and dim lights. Rich red and gold colors. Calming and soothing really.



Rehearsal lasted less than an hour and the pastor did a fine job of keeping everybody entertained with his witty remarks as he did the day of the wedding also. A big thank you to my sister in law Kelli, who watched Carly while Patrick, Ethan, and I rehearsed our parts, but even a BIGGER thank you for her watching all four kids and getting them dressed AND watched them during the ceremony on the actual wedding day. I think that act alone has confirmed her feelings about having just one child and being ok with it :-)

After rehearsal, we headed over to the Embassy Suites where a special luncheon was provided. The food was amazing:


the company was good, and the bridesmaids and groomsmen presents were off the hook! (did I just write that?)
The ladies got awesome bracelets and scarves from Sarah and though I'm not a person who wears jewelry, I LOVE my bracelet! The scarf is cute too :-)

I hadn't seen Jake for quite some time before the wedding...possibly because he was busy painting the children of all the groomsmen and other various paintings as his "thank you" to the men in his line. Just check out this kid's talent...absolutely AMAZING!







Although the gift was actually for Patrick, I benefited as well. Jake's quote to me "Sorry I made your kids look like vampires." Apparently he hasn't read my blog, because if he did, he would know that I LOVE vampires...
RAYA:

This is the picture he used as a reference:

MALIA:

And the picture for reference:

ETHAN:

Reference:

and CARLY:

Reference:

Ethan couldn't have been any happier when he opened up a rad Star Wars t-shirt and BLUE light saber. That definitely made being a ring bearer even more awesome!

The weekend was great. I'm so excited to have another amazing sister. The only problem is...how to differentiate between Sarah, my biological sister, and Sarah, my new sister...I guess what's been working with the kids is calling her "The New Aunt Sarah"! Welcome to the family Sarah...I'm sure it won't be too long, before you look like this:

This is my little brother Jake:

Isn't he a handsome one?
Recently, I read his facebook page that had a note to his lady that said "I was thinking if you don't have any plans this weekend, we should totally get married. Yes?" and her reply was "I think my schedule is clear. Let's get hitched!" So...On October 17th, he made this lovely lady a Mrs:

Isn't she gorgeous? (BTW, the wedding was planned...just want to make that clear, for those of you who are delusional and think you could pull a wedding off like this in a weekend)





(These awesome photos were from their wedding photographers and my photographer idols, Chris and Jen Stewart of www.JenStewartPhotography.com)
It was an honor for me to be asked to be a bridesmaid and though I cannot speak for Patrick, I'm sure he was honored to be asked as a groomsmen.

And Ethan learned what a ring bearer was. He says when asked what a ring bearer is: "I bring the ring to Uncle Jake and then he puts the ring on Aunt Sarah's finger." He was a handsome son of a gun:

The day was absolutely amazing! And the rain didn't even bring it down. It was such a fun filled relaxing day/night. I don't know if anyone was actually stressed out about the day, but if there was, it didn't show. Everything ran smoothly and seemed just perfect.
One of the highlights of the evening (especially if you ask Malia) was the photo booth. I guess it's a new trend for I have seen these types of pictures around a lot lately, but this was the first that I actually got to experience the process. It's an actual Photobooth like the kind you would see at an amusement park that spits out 4 photos of you and whoever is in it with you... What a great souvenir, and trust me, I have a lot of them (most of them containing a certain 8 year old). These are just a few, when Jake and Sarah get the CD, I'll probably dedicate an entire post to the memory of the "Photobooth". Picture of a picture (I need a new scanner), kind of cruddy, but you get the point.




Since it was a school night and I inherited an extra child for the night (what's another kid anyway?), we headed out a little early, but not before watching Ethan break dance on the dance floor and twirl his cousin Rylie in a manly manner. All the kids enjoyed the dance floor which was shared by some crazy guy dancing disgustingly with my dad's girlfriend and other various women. I ran into him in the elevator before we left...he was gay...Ha!
The rehearsal and luncheon happened the day before. I was able to send the two older girls off to their soccer games with friends who were willing to keep them until late in the afternoon. The wedding was at the Citizen Hotel in downtown Sacramento. It's a very 1940ish style hotel with political type artwork adorning the place. Perfect for both Jake and Sarah's style. I really fell in love with the lobby. It had a study feel. Books all around and dim lights. Rich red and gold colors. Calming and soothing really.



Rehearsal lasted less than an hour and the pastor did a fine job of keeping everybody entertained with his witty remarks as he did the day of the wedding also. A big thank you to my sister in law Kelli, who watched Carly while Patrick, Ethan, and I rehearsed our parts, but even a BIGGER thank you for her watching all four kids and getting them dressed AND watched them during the ceremony on the actual wedding day. I think that act alone has confirmed her feelings about having just one child and being ok with it :-)

After rehearsal, we headed over to the Embassy Suites where a special luncheon was provided. The food was amazing:


the company was good, and the bridesmaids and groomsmen presents were off the hook! (did I just write that?)
The ladies got awesome bracelets and scarves from Sarah and though I'm not a person who wears jewelry, I LOVE my bracelet! The scarf is cute too :-)

I hadn't seen Jake for quite some time before the wedding...possibly because he was busy painting the children of all the groomsmen and other various paintings as his "thank you" to the men in his line. Just check out this kid's talent...absolutely AMAZING!







Although the gift was actually for Patrick, I benefited as well. Jake's quote to me "Sorry I made your kids look like vampires." Apparently he hasn't read my blog, because if he did, he would know that I LOVE vampires...
RAYA:

This is the picture he used as a reference:

MALIA:

And the picture for reference:

ETHAN:

Reference:

and CARLY:

Reference:

Ethan couldn't have been any happier when he opened up a rad Star Wars t-shirt and BLUE light saber. That definitely made being a ring bearer even more awesome!

The weekend was great. I'm so excited to have another amazing sister. The only problem is...how to differentiate between Sarah, my biological sister, and Sarah, my new sister...I guess what's been working with the kids is calling her "The New Aunt Sarah"! Welcome to the family Sarah...I'm sure it won't be too long, before you look like this:

(No, I am not implying that she is already pregnant and this was a shotgun wedding. 1. Jake would be an awesome dad, I've seen how he is with my kids and 2. Sarah has mentioned to me that she would welcome children real soon. So people, let's clear that rumor to be right up now. Thanks!
Wow, their wedding looks awesome! And the pictures are very cute as well. I love the paintings he did of your kids. He is super talented! Can't wait to see you wear your new scarf and bracelet on Sundays :)
ReplyDelete