Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy Birthday!

3 years ago, I awoke early in the morning preparing for the arrival of a baby who was due on Christmas Day the year before and 8 days late.


I had not expected this child to be late for two reasons. 1. Since this child was baby#4 my doctor told me early on in my pregnancy that she would induce me so that I could be home for Christmas and 2. The 3 previous children had come all before their due dates, so I just assumed this one would also. Unfortunately, this baby didn't want to be born on time and my doctor decided to go on vacation the week I should have been induced.

So, 3 years ago, I woke up knowing that I would meet my little "renter" in the next few hours.

Photobucket

My quickest and probably easiest labor would be saved for my last. Only four hours from the time pitocin was started til' she was screaming in my arms and she really didn't stop screaming for another nine months especially when she was put in water..the bath, pool, etc.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I was the only one delivering in the hospital that day so I was catered to and when I wanted something, I got it right away. The nurse started my pitocin shortly after 7:30am and the doctor came in, broke my water, and told me that we would have a baby by noon.

At 11:41am, Carly Fox Durling was born. A sweet little addition to complete our family.

Photobucket

We've enjoyed the spunky little girl God has given to us

Today she's 3 years old!

Photobucket

Even though she has an awesome party planned in a few weeks, we gathered together to celebrate with cake and ice cream today. Dad made the cake, he looked like a professional with his "chef attire" on

Photobucket

Photobucket

oh yes, and I guess mad cake making skilzz calls for a nap without undressing from chef attire.

Photobucket

Happy Birthday to you...you live in a zoo...

Photobucket

Making a wish:

Photobucket

Blowing out the candles:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Happy 3rd birthday Carly Fox! We love you!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment