Sunday, April 10, 2011

Imagination Station

CHURCH CLOTHES AREN'T JUST FOR CHURCH ANYMORE!

I've got to say, I have some creative kids. I've been noticing one in particular lately. This little guy:

Photobucket

If you can't tell...He's Indiana Jones. Ethan has used his church clothes more for dressing up in than going to church in. Occasionally, I get annoyed because he doesn't always keep them clean and when Sunday rolls around...well, you can figure that situation out. None the less, I enjoy watching his creative side come out (even if he sneaks my purse as part of his outfit).

Here he is as Han Solo:

Photobucket

Can you figure out what's in common here? That would be Harrison Ford. I was trying to explain to Ethan that Harrison Ford is a real person in real life and that Han Solo and Indiana Jones are "characters" that Harrison Ford plays in movies. Not 100% for sure he got it...I think he'd rather just BE the characters himself. Ethan is becoming quite the artist as well. It wasn't long ago (preschool), that the kid hated picking up a pencil for anything. It was a nightmare trying to get him to color something already drawn, but now, I can find him at the table for hours drawing, coloring, and well...using A LOT of paper.

This is Indiana Jones:

Photobucket

And on the back of the following picture it says: "We sneak up the rebel base and we get volcanoes and pour lava on the girls." I'm not exactly sure, but I think this might be a mixture of Star Wars and Indiana Jones stories.

Photobucket

I think that being grounded from the Wii for 3 months has really brought out his creative side! What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. lol! I love it! And I totally guessed Indiana Jones before I read it. Good job, Ethan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute, Rachael!

    Halloween should be a piece of cake for you this year....as far as Ethan is concerned, anyway! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's adorable....I hope the story about being gounded is coming up...that WAS a teaser, right?

    ReplyDelete