Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Mother's Day

I want to make sure I blog about Mother's Day before the photos and memories fall by the way side.

I really enjoyed my Mother's Day this year. We didn't do anything crazy fun or really out of the ordinary. I enjoyed spending time with my family and my mom.

It was a perfect day to take some photos, so after church, Patrick and I took the kids to the Folsom Powerhouse (a location I frequent often for photos). I was able to take photos of the kids to update my wall (photos will be blogged at a later date). To my surprise, doors were opened and we were able to see inside the different "Mechanic" and "Superintendant" rooms. It was pretty cool.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then we headed over to my moms house where we had a BBQ and I was able to see all my sibling's and both my parents. My aunt was even there. I ate and watched the kids play catch, climb trees, and eat dirt.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I was adorned with many lavish gifts from the kids and decadent chocolate from my husband. I love that the kids make cards and gifts at school and church to give to me.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Raya gave me a hand knitted scarf, a card with notes about me, and chocolates with a note that said "You are Sweet"

Photobucket

Photobucket




The above note reads:


(Raya's answers are capitalized and/or in red)




"My mom's name is RACHAEL DAWN DURLING


She is 20 years old


My mom likes to BE ON HER COMPUTER


My mom has 1 eyes


My mom weighs this much: 100 POUNDS


My mom's birthday is on JANUARY 13TH


My mom was born in: CALIFORNIA


My mom's favorite food is: HOMEMADE CHILI


My mom likes to: DO MY HAIR


My mom is best at: COOKING MY FAVORITE FOODS"




Malia gave me hand knitted scarf, a homemade bookmark, a card with a poem about me in it, chocolates with a note that said "You always know if something's on my mind.", and a cute note with answers to questions about me.

Photobucket


Malia's Mom Poem Reads:




"Mom,


Whenever I smell your food, I always think of you.


Whenever I taste strawberries, I always think of you.


Whenever I hear the wind, I always think of you.


Whenever I touch my bed, I always think of you.


Whenever I feel roses, I always think of you.


Mom,


You are so sweet, you will always touch my heart.


Love, Malia"
Photobucket


The above note reads:
(Malia's answers are capitalized and/or in red)




My mom's name is RACHAEL


She is 32 years old


My mom likes to PHOTOGRAPHY


My mom has BROWN eyes


My mom weighs this much: ?


My mom's birthday is on JANUARY 13, 1929


My mom was born: IN A HOSPITTLE


My mom's favorite food is: SPAGETTIE


My mom likes to help me CLEAN MY ROOM


My mom is the best at SINGING, PHOTOGRAPHY, SETTING UP BIRTHDAYS AND MAKING PICTURES LOOK BETTER."



Ethan gave my numerous drawings, letters, a very pretty paper mache pot with yellow flowers and a cute card that talked all about me.

Photobucket

Photobucket




Ethan's paper above reads:


(Ethan's answers are captilalized and/or in red)




My mom is special because:


SHE HELPS ME CLEAN UP MY ROOM. SHE HELPS ME FIND STUFF.


I like it when my mom : HUGS ME


My mom can do many things, I think she's best at: COOKING PANCAKES AND TUCKS ME IN BED.


My mom has a pretty smile, I like to make her smile by: SEEING ME COME HOME FROM SCHOOL.


My mom is as pretty as a FLUFFY BLACK AND WHITE KITTY


My mom is smart! She even knows I LOVE HER. SHE WORKS ON THE COMPUTER TOO

Carly gave me a cute smile and some chocolates too.

I love being a mom. It's all I ever wanted to be when I grew up. It's challenging at times, but by golly, it's the best job in the world!

1 comment:

  1. Rachie - you're looking so good woman! It looks like you had a great mothers day! I think all the primary teachers must use the same website. We have the CTR B class and did those questionnaires too. They were pretty funny to read!

    ReplyDelete