
The fact that my kids started school today made me realize that I have been a huge slacker with blogging. I have a file on my desktop that is titled "Things to Blog". This is where I put pictures of happenings that I want to share in our little Durling Days corner. Sometimes the folder is empty (a rare occasion) and other times...ok, most times, there are many items in it. Currently, I have a full file with numerous items waiting for their fantastic story to be told. One such story would be the last day of school...um, of the last school year. So, I thought that I would simply title this post "school" as it will include not only the first day of school pictures I took today, but the last day of school pictures...last school year. Jumbling posts together is just my style isn't it?
LAST DAY OF SCHOOL 2011/2012




Since Raya and Malia are "big" now...I didn't really get any pictures of them throughout the day, but here is Ethan with his two teachers


He got an awesome Achievement Award for Math and Art

And simply enjoyed his first grade of elementary school:

I did a lot of soul searching and research just before the school year ended last year and decided that I wanted to move Malia and Ethan out of their school and try and get them into a different school that has a different philosophy and a different style of learning. Ethan got in but Malia did not. We are still crossing our fingers that an opening will become available in the next couple of weeks. If not, then we will stick it out and I will continue to have 3 kids at 3 different schools. Because of that, I will be spending a great deal of time in the car waiting...I sure hope I don't get car butt!
I tried a little creative flair to this years first day of school pictures. It's always a rush trying to get out the door so we can beat traffic and be onetime, but I managed to capture these cute kids growing up...way.too.fast! I just had them hold a blank piece of paper in their pictures and then let photoshop do the magic later. Here are my big babies!
Raya:

Malia:

Ethan:


Carly didn't want to be in the pictures because she was working hard at her "school" which consisted of a workbook and a pencil while sitting in her carseat.
Malia was killin' it on the playground before school in her awesome shades and sparkly hat!

And Ethan found his classroom and his seat and got to sit next to his new teacher!


When I picked Ethan up from school. I didn't even have to pry it out of him and he said "I had a really good day at school today. I liked it." He came out with a cool hat and necklace that he let his little sister wear to the car!


Happy first day of school and I guess, last day of last school year too. Say that three times real fast.
Love the picture idea of a blank sheet and adding the detail later! Might have to borrow that one on Monday when we officially start our new year.
ReplyDelete