Saturday, September 29, 2012

Old Skool!

I've been going through stuff and organizing the garage. I came across a bucket that had a bunch of old toys from when Patrick and I were kids. Carly and Malia were loving it and I was like "Ok, don't touch that one and don't touch that one...you can have this one" as I slowly handed a few of these to them:

Photobucket

I remember when Cabbage Patch kids came out. I remember standing in line with my Aunt Patty at Toys R Us for hours and hours. The anticipation killed me as I waited for the employees to open up the door to the back room where many crazy women fought over a huge stock of these dolls. I think I have acquired the majority of the dolls that were purchased that day and sadly, they are in a box in my garage...most of them well played with but some with original Cabbage Patch kid diapers on. One year for Christmas, I walked out to the living room and saw a box wrapped in festive Christmas wrap and knew exactly what it was because of the shape of the box. I couldn't wait until my parents woke up so I could open it up and see what MY Cabbage Patch doll looked like. Here she is...

Photobucket

Can you see all the love I gave her all over her face?

I also found this thing:

Photobucket

I wonder if I could get any money for him? He's pretty thrashed though.

I found this too:

Photobucket

I have to laugh as I watch my 13 year old obsess with One Direction because I was once like her. I did throw this away. It was pretty thrashed.

I found some of Patrick's toys from when he was a kid too:

Photobucket

Photobucket

This teddy looked well loved too.

I've been having fun going through all these keepsakes. It brings me back to a much more simpler time, a time when toys was all that mattered. Now a days I have a new Cabbage Patch doll I get to play with...her name is Ella:

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment