We got a new principal half way through the year last year possibly because our old one was either someone who probably shouldn't be in the education system OR she was a malicious woman who had a devious plot set out to make our school look stupid. So here's the deal...Last year our mascot got changed to a Panther. In doing so, the principal (without consent from the PTA) decided we needed new Pershing Panther Gear and took it upon herself to create the design that would be worn by not only staff and students, but parents who would be brave enough to show they had children who attended our school. So I ask you...when you think of a panther what comes to mind? This?

or possibly this?

I guess that wasn't what came to mind to someone who has education certificates hung in an office of an elementary school BECAUSE this is what our Pershing Panther Gear looks like...
Was she really serious or was she being malicious? It makes me wonder because she had more than a few run ins with parents at the school. I cannot speak for the other parents but as for me, she wan't well liked. She also knew she was retiring and kept it a secret up until a few months before she left. So was this her "payback" to a school who didn't really care for the "Master in Command?" When asked about her choice in panther pictures for our attire, her excuse or sorry explanation was "All types of cats are Panthers" REALLY???? Wow, bet you didn't know that your little Snowflake, Bubbles, or Chester that is snuggled up on your lap purring right now is a panther. Man, I guess I need to go back to school and get me some of those education certificates.
I'm afraid your complaint is a bit rediculous. Although you may have been raised to believe all panthers are black, black panthers are the exception rather than the rule.
ReplyDeleteSee: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panthers
Also, the North American panther is a cougar. See this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cougar
You don't need a degree, just wikipedia.. :-)
Wow...great pictures Rach.
ReplyDelete