
Bright and early when the sun is just barely up, I pack the kids in the car and head off to take the older girls to school. This morning was no different until we reached the corner street where the school is. Six turkeys grazing on the side of the road was not a normal site to see. I live in the suburbs and seeing a flock of turkeys along side a busy street is a rare site. They were big turkeys. They flapped their wings and chased each other. We were fortunate to have left a few minutes early so we were able to watch these turkeys for a while. What a coincidence that Thanksgiving is just a week away and here are these big, plump turkeys walking along side the street. I watched cars stop, kids and parents stop, and the crossing guard stop and all watch these turkeys. Then I noticed the second one to the last in line. He was limping. Then it occured to me...These turkeys must have escaped from becoming a Thanksgiving meal. The only problem with escaping is that there are people like me who thought immediately to go and get my gun so I wouldn't have to pay for my thanksgiving turkey and then I remembered that I didn't have a gun or the heart to kill an animal...so I will still be heading to the store to pay for someone to do my dirty work so that I can enjoy a nice plump yummy turkey on Thanksgiving day...and to those turkeys on the side of the road...RUN FOR YOUR LIVES OR DIE...it's Thanksgiving time!
You're posts are always so entertaining. :) A career in journalism ever cross your mind? (I mean, AFTER the kids are all grown and you need just SOMETHING to do so that you and Patrick don't drive each other CrAzY!) ha ha ha! Landen would have loved to play today, but we were hanging out with my sis at the mall. Next week maybe? Let me know...
ReplyDelete