Soccer season has begun!

Almost all our spare time goes to watching our 3 soccer stars do this:

and this:

and this:

This is technically Malia's first year of soccer (minus the one year she played when she was 4 years old). She is playing with the U10's and is one of the youngest players on her team...The LAVA GIRLZ! She is sporting the same jersey number as her brother, #29 and she is rockin' on the soccer field! She is getting in there and getting her foot on the ball defending the goal! It's really exciting watching her (and all the other kids too) play! She's enjoying this season very much!


Ethan is playing in the U6's for the TORNADOS! He is having another great year and continues to dominate the goal! He's got the natural talent and it shows during his games. He prefers the goalie position, but he also knows how to get his foot on the ball and take it to the net on the field...when he's not watching the dragon flies fly by.


Raya is loving soccer again this year. She is now playing in the U12's group, but for the same team as last year, the JAGUARS! Like Malia, she is also defending the goal and can do it with only 1 cleat on! During her first game, one of the girls on the other team stepped on her cleat while Raya was lifting her foot up. I'm not exactly sure what happened, but the eyelet holes for the shoe laces on Raya's cleat got ripped to shreds and totally broke her cleat. Because this kind of thing doesn't warrant for a time out, Raya threw her shoe down and continued to play until they could call time out and switch out players. I overheard one gentlemen say "That's right girl, throw that cleat down, you don't need it." The cleat was thrashed, but it wasn't anything a little duct tape couldn't fix...

You can't really tell in this picture, but she has only one cleat on:

The first games of the season happened to fall on September 11th. Only Raya's team took time out for a moment of silence in remembering the events that took place on that dreadful day 9 years ago.

We were also treated to parts of the Air Show that was happening out at Mather Air Force Base that day. I LOVE air shows and it was awesome to be able to see the Blue Angels fly by in formation (wish I had my camera ready to take photos then) as well as other interesting aircraft such as this:

This year, I really stuck to my guns about volunteering my time. I think I did pretty good considering I have 3 kids playing. The only thing I ended up having to do (besides the usual snacks on designated game days), was making the banner for Raya's team. With the help of my friend Heidi Wright, I was able to do it super inexpensive and super awesome as well. It took a few days to do it and with some extra hands from my brother Jared, I was able to get that sucker done before the first game!





And the finished banner:

Totally Awesome! Here's to another year of soccer...Yippeee!

Almost all our spare time goes to watching our 3 soccer stars do this:

and this:

and this:

This is technically Malia's first year of soccer (minus the one year she played when she was 4 years old). She is playing with the U10's and is one of the youngest players on her team...The LAVA GIRLZ! She is sporting the same jersey number as her brother, #29 and she is rockin' on the soccer field! She is getting in there and getting her foot on the ball defending the goal! It's really exciting watching her (and all the other kids too) play! She's enjoying this season very much!


Ethan is playing in the U6's for the TORNADOS! He is having another great year and continues to dominate the goal! He's got the natural talent and it shows during his games. He prefers the goalie position, but he also knows how to get his foot on the ball and take it to the net on the field...when he's not watching the dragon flies fly by.


Raya is loving soccer again this year. She is now playing in the U12's group, but for the same team as last year, the JAGUARS! Like Malia, she is also defending the goal and can do it with only 1 cleat on! During her first game, one of the girls on the other team stepped on her cleat while Raya was lifting her foot up. I'm not exactly sure what happened, but the eyelet holes for the shoe laces on Raya's cleat got ripped to shreds and totally broke her cleat. Because this kind of thing doesn't warrant for a time out, Raya threw her shoe down and continued to play until they could call time out and switch out players. I overheard one gentlemen say "That's right girl, throw that cleat down, you don't need it." The cleat was thrashed, but it wasn't anything a little duct tape couldn't fix...

You can't really tell in this picture, but she has only one cleat on:

The first games of the season happened to fall on September 11th. Only Raya's team took time out for a moment of silence in remembering the events that took place on that dreadful day 9 years ago.

We were also treated to parts of the Air Show that was happening out at Mather Air Force Base that day. I LOVE air shows and it was awesome to be able to see the Blue Angels fly by in formation (wish I had my camera ready to take photos then) as well as other interesting aircraft such as this:

This year, I really stuck to my guns about volunteering my time. I think I did pretty good considering I have 3 kids playing. The only thing I ended up having to do (besides the usual snacks on designated game days), was making the banner for Raya's team. With the help of my friend Heidi Wright, I was able to do it super inexpensive and super awesome as well. It took a few days to do it and with some extra hands from my brother Jared, I was able to get that sucker done before the first game!





And the finished banner:

Totally Awesome! Here's to another year of soccer...Yippeee!
Awesome, amazing kids. And considering only the kids on Raya's team are old enough to have been alive on 9/11/01, it is appropriate that they took a moment! Go Jaguars! (and Tornado's and Lava Girlz!)
ReplyDeleteWhat great photos to remember this soccer season. They all look like pros!
ReplyDelete-Corri