I was recently on a website that had an "About Me" section on it. I really enjoyed reading the questions and answers this person put on her site, so I decided that I would every once in a while have a post with a random question and an answer to it. Who knows, I might be using this blog to write my personal history someday...
WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE CANDY GROWING UP? WHAT IS IT NOW?
My favorite candy growing up ia no doubt, Sour Patch Kids. I remember my mom dropping my friends and I off at the mall. There was this candy store in it that would sell them by weight. I would ALWAYS go into that store and buy them. The store clerk would package them into a little white bag. I don't recall being able to buy them at the grocery store at that time so it was a special treat to go to the mall and get those candies.
I don't really have a favorite candy now...I like a lot of them. Milky Way and Snickers candy bars are my preferred chocolate, but I will have to say that Sour Patch kids still rank up there as being one of my favorites. I also like the Orange Wedge gummy candy too. I guess it really depends on what kind of mood I'm in.
While typing this, I can't help but think back to when I was a teenager, I would walk down the street to the local grocery store and buy super big dill pickles at the deli for 50 cents each. They were huge. I would buy two of them. One for the walk home and one to eat later. I often recruited friends for the walk too. I have very fond memories of those days. It hasn't been that long since I was a teenager, but I know for sure, they don't sell the big pickles at the deli anymore...instead, they prepackage them and put them with their prepackaged sandwiches. They are half the size and twice the price...what a rip off!
WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE CANDY GROWING UP? WHAT IS IT NOW?
My favorite candy growing up ia no doubt, Sour Patch Kids. I remember my mom dropping my friends and I off at the mall. There was this candy store in it that would sell them by weight. I would ALWAYS go into that store and buy them. The store clerk would package them into a little white bag. I don't recall being able to buy them at the grocery store at that time so it was a special treat to go to the mall and get those candies.
I don't really have a favorite candy now...I like a lot of them. Milky Way and Snickers candy bars are my preferred chocolate, but I will have to say that Sour Patch kids still rank up there as being one of my favorites. I also like the Orange Wedge gummy candy too. I guess it really depends on what kind of mood I'm in.
While typing this, I can't help but think back to when I was a teenager, I would walk down the street to the local grocery store and buy super big dill pickles at the deli for 50 cents each. They were huge. I would buy two of them. One for the walk home and one to eat later. I often recruited friends for the walk too. I have very fond memories of those days. It hasn't been that long since I was a teenager, but I know for sure, they don't sell the big pickles at the deli anymore...instead, they prepackage them and put them with their prepackaged sandwiches. They are half the size and twice the price...what a rip off!
No comments:
Post a Comment