Oh My....How I LOVE the Air Show! It's always a treat for me when we get to go! I don't know what it is about the those planes flying so close and doing such amazing things that makes me feel so good inside.
My sister got free tickets through her work and Patrick got free parking at his work (just a quarter mile away from Mather Air Force Base) and we enjoyed spending September 11th in awe of planes and reenactments throughout different eras.
My dad called after he found out we were heading to the show and told us to make sure we wore good soled shoes. He then proceeded to tell us about the time he took us as kids and that my sister and I wore Jelly Shoes which melted to the blacktop. I totally remember that and feeling kind of scared that my feet were going to melt to the blacktop too. I also remember getting a frozen lemonade and the refreshing feeling it gave me on that very HOT day. Another quick memory from an air show was remembering how tired I was and we had a long trip home (air show was probably an hour away up at Beale Air Force Base). Someone was telling us about a plane that went 60 miles in one minute. I remember trying to do the math at how long it would take to get home if we were on the jet. I remember going to quite a few air shows as a child. Perhaps that is why I enjoy them so much as an adult.
It was super loud so we got some earplugs for the kids. It was also pretty windy and poor Ethan thought for sure that there was going to be a tornado. He was really worked up about a tornado for some reason as it was windy. The weather was great, the company was greater, and the planes were simply amazing!

















No comments:
Post a Comment