Finally!!!
Ethan has lost his first teeth! I pulled the two bottom ones out last night and even though he was super scared, he was so brave! I remember when I was young and my teeth got pulled out, how nervous I was. Once they were out, I remember thinking "why was I so scared?" Despite the times changing, feelings of tooth pulling hasn't. Now my sweet little boy has a "window" in his mouth.
The situation reminded me of a time when Ethan was about 3 years old. Patrick was playing around with him and started to pretend there was a monster in Ethan's room. Patrick told Ethan that he was going to go into his room to capture the vicious thing, which of course, led to the monster grabbing and pulling on Patrick. Ethan couldn't see into his room as Patrick was holding onto the door kicking it and whatnot to get the full effect. I guess Patrick has a little bit of talent for acting because Ethan believed that Patrick was really being attacked by a monster. Without hesitation, Ethan grabbed onto Patrick's arm and as scared as he was, he started yanking on Patrick to get him out of the room.
I often think about this story as I watch Ethan grow. He really has been brave in almost everything scary. Getting shots, blood drawn, teeth pulled, saving his daddy from monsters etc. etc. He knows what's about to happen and will always step up and get things done.
I love this kid...he rocks!

No comments:
Post a Comment