Friday, February 3, 2012

Vandalism

I went down the street to visit my dad the other day and as I was heading back up I came across a piece of the sidewalk that had many familiar names etched into it. Patrick and I purchased our home on the same street that I grew up on so when I saw this, it brought back many memories that have been made here.

Photobucket

I am assuming that all the little rough and tough neighborhood boys were just itching and waiting for whoever pored this concrete to finish and leave. No yellow tape or cones would keep those trouble makers away. Jimmy, the loud Italian next door neighbor who was always getting in trouble and just so happens to be the first boy I ever kissed playing spin the bottle in my garage with just each other (don't ask me how that worked)...Kyle, one of the many Gambetti boys that lived up the street. Jake, my brother, and Nathan, my cousin... I wonder if they even know this is still there twenty years later. I'd like to thank Jimmy for etching in the date so that I know just how long ago it was. Perhaps a story about the making of this concrete art needs to be sought after...hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment