Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Backyard!

A little word of advice...when you are looking to purchase a house, do not...I repeat DO NOT underestimate the amount of time and money you will need to put into your yard... I specifically remember when looking at our house that the yard "would't be that big of a deal"...it's been the biggest deal to date. I must have been delusional!

There are still some things we need to do to finish up the backyard. I'm looking forward to a weekend (fingers crossed it comes soon), of concrete pouring, and overhang destruction to finish up the back. Here are some pictures of our backyard throughout the process...and let me tell you...it was (is) quite the process!

BEFORE:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Time to clear it all out!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

JUST SOME OF THE CRUD THAT WE PULLED OUT OF OUR YARD. I'M TELLING YOU, THE OWNERS BEFORE HAD SO MANY RANDOM THINGS IN THE YARD...IT WAS LIKE THE DUMP THREW UP OR SOMETHING:

Photobucket

THIS WAS THE PILE FOR NEIGHBORHOOD CLEANUP...IT ALMOST TOOK UP OUR ENTIRE PROPERTY LENGTH:

Photobucket

GETTING FENCES PUT UP:

Photobucket

PRETTY MUCH CLEARED OUT, FENCES UP, SPRINKLERS IN...READY FOR LANDSCAPING:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

AND FINALLY! LANDSCAPED AND ALMOST FINISHED!!!!!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. WOW, what a huge change!

    That was a ton of work to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....you certainly had a good looking crew! The yard turned out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks awesome! When's the BBQ :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks awesome! great job! when are you guys coming to help with mine ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. we are doing the same thing, we even have the same trampoline, i love your gravel for your trampoline area, i am going to show my hubby. you guys did good!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so awesome Patrick! Great job! I know it's a ton of hard work but so worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aaron. I couldn't have done it without my wife who helped manage the whole process, and our neighbors Jennifer and Steve who hooked us up with lots of help (Steve who worked on our beautiful retaining wall and one of our fences and our sprinkler system and drainage and lent me tons of his tools and did tons more other things that I don't enough room to list), and the help of some of the members of our ward as well. We're not done but getting to this point is a huge milestone.

      Delete
    2. Oh, and Jennifer for hooking us up with Mike, who got the yard prep'd and the grass in, and got the hill flattened and walled so that we could put the trampoline on top of it, all in one day, all for a great price. We are so blessed!

      Delete
  7. OH wow! You must have JUST done this. It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete