Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Contest = Concert

I entered my first Facebook contest about a month ago. It was being put on by the kids' dentist office and all we had to do was upload a smile picture of a patient and get people to vote. Check it out!

Photobucket

This picture was by far the most awesome one entered, but that didn't matter. What mattered was how many votes it got. And I worked my butt off day in and day out, annoying every one of my Facebook friends to vote, but when it came down to the end...I couldn't compete with a little town in India. With 500 votes, Ethan's Vampire Smile took the silver!

And even though we didn't win the iPad that the first placer got, we did win these!

Photobucket

The day after Endfest, I hit the Powerhouse Pavilion again to watch the top 10 American Idol contestants perform. Unfortunately, I didn't watch this season of AI, in fact, I haven't watched AI for like 6 years so I really wasn't' thrilled about going. I thought about trying to sell the tickets and with them, save up for an iPad, but that didn't play out so I ended up grabbing a few of my girlfriends and we made a girls night of it.

Photobucket

I really enjoyed the concert and was really impressed with all the talent (minus one annoying country girl) AI produced this year. I particularly loved Coltan (I think that's his name) and another girl who had a fohawk (I told you I didn't watch the show). Anyway, the actual concert was freakin' cool. You could tell there was a lot more money put into it than Endfest. This time we were in nosebleed seats and there was no way I was going to get any clear pictures of the artists, so I just focused on getting the coolest concert picture with the lights and all. I liked these:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This one is of Phillip Phillips...He was the winner. He was pretty good, but I was totally annoyed that he was chewing gum while singing...

Photobucket

So I am just a party animal I guess...At least I was told that the other day with my numerous Facebook updates from the Powerhouse Pavilion. Maybe the next concert I go to will be of a band I really like...like...Coldplay. Now that's my type of concert!

No comments:

Post a Comment