Wednesday, February 20, 2013

$100 Richer

I won a $100 from one of the local radio stations. I entered the contest online and was supposed to listen at the top of every hour for my name for like 6 different hours a day until the contest ended. If my name was called, I had 5 minutes to call them back to win the moola. I am not 100% for sure but I think the contest went on for like a month. After the first week or so, I stopped listening. Every so often, if I was in the car, I would tune to that radio station around the top of the hour "just to see" if I would actually be called. One particular morning, Raya and I were on our way to the high school track to do some running. I just pulled out of my driveway and happened to have the radio on when my name was called. I looked at Raya and was like "Ummm, did you just hear that? They did call my name right?" and she was like "yep", and I was like "seriously...they said Rachael Durling, right?"...So, I called them right back and I won $100. I was told I had to go down to the station to fill out some paper work. I brought all my kids, but Raya was probably the most excited to see an actual radio station. Her and Malia were sure that someone famous would just happen to be there. No one famous walked by, BUT there were several guitars hanging on the wall in the entrance. One particular one was signed by none other than JUSTIN BEIBER. Now, I am not a fan of the kid, but Raya sure is and so, we snapped a picture of her standing under the guitar. "Mom, that is his REAL autograph...not a copy...whoa..." I guess she will take what she can get!

IMAG0013 copy

No comments:

Post a Comment