Happy 4th of July! I could hardly believe I had to wear a sweater on the 4th of July. I was freezing! Of course it was 8am. We enjoyed a pancake breakfast at the church followed by an awesome parade of the Primary kids (and moms and bishops...ok, anyone who wanted to join in)on bikes, scooters, foot and even wagons! Everyone dressed up their transportation in Red, White and Blue and strutted their stuff in the church parking lot.
Raya dressed up in her Betsy Ross costume I purchased a few months back for a book report. I am sure glad that we were able to get more use out of it! Before the parade even started, she fell off her bike and scraped her elbow. She buried her face in Patrick's side hoping that no one would see her cry! She was able to get through it and show off her hard work of decorating her bike during the parade.
Malia was little miss speed demon! Every time she would turn a corner, I would get nervous thinking that she was going to fall and that would be the end of her good mood. Although she did suffer a scrape on her foot, the ticker of a massive meltdown was when her red star balloon, floated off into the blue sky. We hadn't gotten our family picture taken before that, so as you can see in the top picture, Malia was not a happy girl.
Ethan decided he was going to cut people off on his trike. A little girl had brought a motorized barbie jeep thing and Ethan kept cutting in front of her. The dad of the little girl claimed to us that he didn't have insurance on the vehicle. He also claimed that we should go around to every body's bikes who had balloons on them and cut them off to make Malia feel happy. Ethan really enjoyed riding his bike around but the best part for him was when the garbage truck came to get the garbage.
Carly, was happy if she was being held (of course). Grandma was holding her mostly, then daddy and then I put her in her carseat and she fell asleep.
After a nice nap, we went shopping at the outlets. Patrick got some clothes and shoes and I got some new converse! The girls also got converse for $10 each! We spent way too much money but hey, I got some converse...
As far as fireworks go...My children hate fireworks. They are so scared of them. Last weekend we went up to Rocklin and watched a very cool firework show and Ethan stayed in the car with his ears covered the whole time. The girls eventually joined him, but Carly sat in amazement watching the bright lights in the sky. Our neighbors bought a bunch of fireworks and so we went outside and watched them. It wasn't long before Ethan said he wanted to go inside. So I took Ethan inside and we watched the Macy's 4th of July Spectacular firework show on TV. Raya and Malia made it through all the fireworks. I think we are making progress with them. One of the biggest highlights of the day was when Raya got a phone call from one of our really good friends Jason. Jason and his family drove out to Utah for the "Stadium of Fire" Firework show at the BYU Campus. Hannah Montana was a performer there and Jason called us during her segment and let Raya sit and listen to it live. I swear, if I would have known about it, I would have flown her out there or whatever and got her a ticket so she could see that. Our buddy said that tickets were about $35 a piece which sure beats the thousands of dollars people were paying for Hannah Montana tickets during her last tour. Anyway, despite a few meltdowns, we had a great day together as a family (as always, or at least most of the time :)
No comments:
Post a Comment