Patrick was able to take a day off of work and with free passes that my friend gave us, our family including our 12 year old "mothers helper" headed off to Sunsplash Waterpark. We met up with some other friends from playgroup and the kids had a blast! Patrick was able to take Raya and Malia on the big waterslides and my mother's helper and I had Ethan and Carly. Malia wasn't tall enough to go on all the rides but was able to enjoy 4 of them. Raya went on many of the rides but opted for the ones with the shortest lines. I couldn't keep up with Ethan. He was all over the place and shivering the whole day (the water was freezing). And Carly, well, we've made some progress with the water. After a few cries, I got her sort of used to the water. Because of certain circumstances, I was forced under a water fall in the lazy river and well, Carly got drenched too. She wasn't too happy about it but quickly stopped crying and we then got out of the lazy river. Patrick and I were able to take Raya and Malia on the only "adult" water slide I was able to go on the whole day. It was almost like a toilet bowl and we were getting flushed. It was rather fun actually! After that, we ate some super expensive food and then I let my mother's helper, Patrick, Raya and Malia go on slides while I took Carly and Ethan to the wave pool. The rest of the gang eventually joined us and that was where we spent the remainder of our time AND it was the best part! I know that I have talked a lot about Ethan and the water in these blogs, but it truly amazes me at his braveness when it comes to the water. After watching him in the wave pool, I am convinced the kid is going to be a huge water sport enthusiast. When the waves hit Ethan, they shoved him backwards and he kept walking toward them as brave as could be. The waves would hit him hard and he'd get up and do it again. Apparently Malia almost drowned in the wave pool when I wasn't around. Thank goodness Patrick was watching her and rescued her. I held Carly a lot. My body actually aches from doing so. By the end of the day, Carly fell asleep in my arms and the waves were crashing into me splashing her yet, she stayed asleep. Again, we have made some "water liking" progress with her. It was so nice to do something as a family and have it be so fun. Patrick and I have decided that we are going to go back there without any kids and hit all the slides together. They even have night slides...That would be a real fun date don't ya think. Check out the video below. It's pretty entertaining!
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Who needs the ocean when you have Sunsplash!
Patrick was able to take a day off of work and with free passes that my friend gave us, our family including our 12 year old "mothers helper" headed off to Sunsplash Waterpark. We met up with some other friends from playgroup and the kids had a blast! Patrick was able to take Raya and Malia on the big waterslides and my mother's helper and I had Ethan and Carly. Malia wasn't tall enough to go on all the rides but was able to enjoy 4 of them. Raya went on many of the rides but opted for the ones with the shortest lines. I couldn't keep up with Ethan. He was all over the place and shivering the whole day (the water was freezing). And Carly, well, we've made some progress with the water. After a few cries, I got her sort of used to the water. Because of certain circumstances, I was forced under a water fall in the lazy river and well, Carly got drenched too. She wasn't too happy about it but quickly stopped crying and we then got out of the lazy river. Patrick and I were able to take Raya and Malia on the only "adult" water slide I was able to go on the whole day. It was almost like a toilet bowl and we were getting flushed. It was rather fun actually! After that, we ate some super expensive food and then I let my mother's helper, Patrick, Raya and Malia go on slides while I took Carly and Ethan to the wave pool. The rest of the gang eventually joined us and that was where we spent the remainder of our time AND it was the best part! I know that I have talked a lot about Ethan and the water in these blogs, but it truly amazes me at his braveness when it comes to the water. After watching him in the wave pool, I am convinced the kid is going to be a huge water sport enthusiast. When the waves hit Ethan, they shoved him backwards and he kept walking toward them as brave as could be. The waves would hit him hard and he'd get up and do it again. Apparently Malia almost drowned in the wave pool when I wasn't around. Thank goodness Patrick was watching her and rescued her. I held Carly a lot. My body actually aches from doing so. By the end of the day, Carly fell asleep in my arms and the waves were crashing into me splashing her yet, she stayed asleep. Again, we have made some "water liking" progress with her. It was so nice to do something as a family and have it be so fun. Patrick and I have decided that we are going to go back there without any kids and hit all the slides together. They even have night slides...That would be a real fun date don't ya think. Check out the video below. It's pretty entertaining!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So glad you had your camera! David and I will join you guys on the date idea to Sunsplash! That would be so fun without kiddos. Cute pics. Seriously, you are supermom. 4 kids, lots of blog posts, videos with music even... wow. I'm impressed. :)
ReplyDelete