To my satisfaction, the sprinkles subsided and I was able to get some cute pictures of my darling Durling's.








The kids were able to teach Carly to throw rocks into the river:
And of course 90% of the pictures looked like this:
and this:
and then there was sweet ones like this:

and this:

As soon as we were done, the rain started and I am not just talking about sprinkles...Thanks goodness it wasn't THAT far of a walk to the car.
Editing these pictures has been fun. I've been playing around with Photoshop. I thought that these were kind of cool:


While editing the photos I realized that Carly's hair was a little crazy and that the poor kid had a huge bruise on her forehead...guess that's what happens when one learns to walk.
I know you are wondering where I got those amazing outfits for the kids...
I'm pretty crafty. I usually can look at something and re-create it to fit my taste. I love all forms of crafty art but there is one thing that I wish I knew how to do and that is sew. I took a sewing class in 7th grade and made a pair of shorts. Sadly, that was the only thing that I have ever sewn. So, Patrick's cousin Evonne is a total super-mom. Not only does she work, she is a mother of 3 cute kids and she is always creating something. I am a faithful follower of her blog. She had posted some pictures of her cute girls wearing dresses and offered straight up on her blog to make some for whoever wanted one...I quickly took her up on her offer and with a few tweaks (like a skirt instead of a dress for Raya) and about a week later, I opened a package mailed to me from Utah with these awesome Easter clothes in it. If you haven't noticed Ethan's tie matches some material on the girls clothes too. It's pink and sure enough the first thing Ethan says to me is "Mom, is this a girl tie" I promptly replied "Girls don't wear ties and it's cool for boys to wear pink these days" He didn't seem to have a problem after that. After all, real men wear pink right?
Thanks Evonne...I am so excited for all the family to see these cute masterpieces you have made for my family. Can I hire you for next year?
Ok those are the cutest kids, with the cutest dresses, in the cutest pictures EVER!!!!
ReplyDeleteRach, the pics turned out so cute, you do such a good job! I love the bright colors of the dresses....I'm with you on the sewing. I told Alan I wanted to start taking a sewing class so I can re-create some of the cute things I find!
ReplyDeleteThe look perfect on your cute little family! I'm so glad they turned out the way you wanted. And, as always, great photos.
ReplyDeletePlease let me know anytime you want anything else made - you know I love it! :)
Dear Rachael,
ReplyDeleteWhat a precious little family! How funny, we just went to the river too, but forgot to dress in cute clothes! You did a great job with the pictures.
How nice to have some custom-made duds; I didn't learn how to sew till I was thirty, which is why my girls get mostly "home-ec" in our homeschool! I want them to be the polar opposite of how I was starting out in marriage.
Love,
Marqueta
People pay tons of money for pictures like this!!! Great job Rachael! I have a UV filter that I got at Ritz and I have a diffuser (there's that word again) that I got at best buy...I haven't really played that much with this one. I will let you know which one i like better...the price for the UV is like 6 bucks vs. 12.99 for the other.
ReplyDeleteits actually diffusion...geez!
ReplyDelete