Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My Friend Christine

I have been blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful women in my life. There are so many of them, that it is hard to blog about just one, but today, I am going to tell you about an amazing woman who I've been blessed to know...

Her name is Christine. This is a picture of her and her husband:


(No, that is not her real hair)

Christine and I have been friends since high school. We drifted our own ways shortly after high school only to re-connect and find that we had a whole lot in common. Both of us were stay at home moms, both had sweet baby girls, and both were married to computer nerds.

She has 3 beautiful girls who are around the same age as my girls. We have regular play dates and with the girls all being around the same age, it's a blast...except for Ethan who is often left alone.

I think Christine is such an awesome mom. I watch how she is raising her children and I look up to her and want to be like her in so many ways!

1.) Christine is very respectful when she speaks to her kids and even though she doesn't always get the same respect back from them, she doesn't lose her patience and beat them (hahaha)

2.) Christine is committed to her children's schedules. She is always driving them to dance or gymnastics and soccer and is very involved in all the behind the stage happenings in all of them (with a toddler in tow)

3.) Christine home schools her girls. Do I need to say more? Anyone who can homeschool their children and still love them, deserves a special award. (I am not saying that I wouldn't love my children if I homeschooled them, I'm just saying that I don't have the patience to do that)

4.) Christine is HILARIOUS...I love talking with her. She makes me laugh all the time!

5.) Christine and her mom are best friends. They do everything together and lean on each other for support. I am often envious and wish that I could have that same relationship with my mom and hope that I can have that with my girls when they are older.

I could go on and on. I am so very grateful to have her in my life. She is a very giving lady who I am so grateful to know.

Christine took both Raya and Malia with her and her family to watch as her older girls performed in Alice in Wonderland, a ballet. My girls enjoyed watching their friends perform one of their many talents.

This is Christine's oldest Jaimie who is Raya's age:



This is Christine's middle, Jenna, who is Malia's age:



This is Raya and Malia backstage with Jaimie and Jenna after their performance:



Thanks Christine, for taking them and for being such a great friend. I am so lucky to have you in my life!

3 comments:

  1. You are so sweet to say those things! As most of it is true, I won't argue ;)...just kidding! I will look at this when I need reassurance- thanks for that!!!
    I wish that was my real hair, wouldn't that be super fun! I am glad the girls had fun and it really made Jaimie and Jenna's day that they were there to watch- it made that performance even more special as they have never had friends come to see them!
    It is funny about our husbands...I bet they even throw the same hissy fits ;)! I love you and your family very much and we too are blessed to have you guys in our lives...thank you and see you Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rach - What a touching post! Just the fact that you took the time to praise you friend shows what kind of friend YOU are. You're a wonderful person and I'm lucky to have you as a neighbor and a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can drop Ethan off here .. he can get some boy playtime with Andrew

    ReplyDelete