Thursday, July 1, 2010

Decisions, Decisions.

Do you like my post title? I'm sure that in due time, it will become as infamous as "Go ahead, Make my day" made famous by Clint Eastwood or "I'll be back" made famous by the Terminator (aka Arnold Schwarzenegger). Decisions, Decisions was quoted by none other than Jane from the Volturi!



YES, THIS IS GOING TO BE ANOTHER TWILIGHT POST!

I wasn't as excited to go and see the third installment, Eclipse, from the Twilight Saga,as I was with the first two movies. I think there's something really wrong with me. Here's why:

1. I haven't been watching Twilight faithfully while folding my laundry anymore. I figured once New Moon came out on DVD, I would switch to that, but NO, I've only seen new moon like two dozen times (and despite what Patrick will tell you, I've folded laundry way more than two dozen times).

2. I don't even know when the movie Breaking Dawn will coming to theatres, AND I haven't even had the desire to look it up online.

3. I didn't post any theatrical trailers of Eclipse on facebook or this blog nor did I watch the trailers more than a dozen times.

4. When the hype of the release of Stephenie Meyer's Eclipse Novella "The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner" started, I had to do a little research of who Bree Tanner actually was AND only vaguely remembered her being part of the story only at the end of the book when the Volturi burns her to her death!

5. It took me two days to load up Eclipse onto my iTunes so that I can listen to it and compare the movie to the actual book (side note: I did actually READ the books and not just listened to them the first time around. It wasn't until after the movie New Moon was released, that I purchased the audio versions of the books so that I can get my second fix AFTER I watched the movie so that my hopes would be a tad bit lower for the movie...we all know that the book is ALWAYS better than the movie). AND I STILL HAVEN'T STARTED LISTENING TO IT!

6. Ethan no longer shows me all the Twilight stuff as we walk by it in Walmart

7. I posted a rather lengthy review of the movie Twilight (found here) and now think that all my made up character looks actually do not match the descriptions the author gave them in the books.

8. I never even wrote a review about New Moon when it came out...never mind that I saw it six times in the first 2 weeks at the theatres.

9. I haven't even purchased the soundtrack to Eclipse and didn't even think about it until AFTER I saw the movie. Usually, I know all the songs and all the words to the music when I see Twilight flicks for the first time.

and the tenth and probably not final (because there's probably more, I just don't want to torment the Twilight section of my brain anymore) reason is:

10. I let Raya keep all the books in HER room.

So, here's my quick review of Eclipse:

It was good. I really enjoyed watching all the hot werewolves without their shirts on and being surprised by what was going to happen next and thinking "oh ya, I remember that part". It's been over a year (or close to that) since I've posted something about Twilight on my blog. I've read the Twilight Books and can't remember all the details. Edward still needs acting classes looks like he's going to cry every time he's onscreen, and Bella still twitches and hesitate with all her lines as well. Charlie still has his quick personality and Leah is now introduced and I still don't like her. Jasper is still ugly but he is a bad ace vampire and Emmett, well, let's just say that Emmett probably has the best body personality of all the vampires.

The werewolves were hot...literally, a scorching 108 degrees and I think my favorite part (besides the cracking and burning heads of the newborn army after the Cullens and wolf pack ripped them apart), was when Bella and Jacob finally kissed. Jacob still has the best body of all the guys in that movie. I think he may still be under age so I guess I am a pervert for saying that, but it's kind of hard to miss when he's shirtless for the better part of the movie. Oh, and naked too...yes, naked (you want to go see it now don't you???)

Maybe my Twerdiness is slowly coming back...this post was not supposed to be about Twilight at all. It was supposed to be about me making a decision to post something current rather than my facebook past, but after titling the Post "Decisions, Decisions, I couldn't help but think of Jane from the Volturi...who, by the way, is one of my new heroes. I want to be just like her when I grow up...red eyes and all.

SIDE NOTE: If you do not know me and read this post, you need to know that I am fully trained, have excelled at, and have been given many awards in the art of sarcasm. I do not think of Twilight as a religion of any sorts and do not lust after worship Vampires or Werewolves. I am a mother of 4 children and they regularly never get neglected when it comes to my Twilight Passion. Therefore, this post is really just full of truth sarcasm. I am not normal. I swear!

2 comments:

  1. LOL! This post was so entertaining. I've never considered myself to be a Twihard but I do have some strong opinions about Twilight, ESPECIALLY the movies haha. While the books were entertaining enough I really wish that they had some better hair talent when they dressed up Jasper for the movies. That poor kid! I love the book characters but most the time the movie characters just do not do it for me. And especially in the case of Twilight, the first movie was so disappointing that I didn't even see New Moon and I don't plan on seeing Eclipse either. I would read the books again though :) Book Edward is so much hotter than Movie Edward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're too funny! Where did you learn to write with all of that sarcastic humor? I'm terrible at it, which is probably why my blog posts are so boring.

    I think that I've sensed that Patrick has a sarcastic side, too. You guys must have fun together. :)

    My sister-in-law and cousin invited me to see Eclipse tonight. I am really excited (even though Michael keeps suggesting that "girls' night out" means that I should take Diana with me, since she's a girl and all.)

    ReplyDelete