Thursday, July 1, 2010

January 2010

*WARNING*

This post is going to be rather long. As you all know, I am trying to catch up from the past six month on this blog using my facebook status updates, and although the status updates has some kind of meaning to me, it maybe just boring reading for you. My goal is to catch up so that I can start entertaining you with my current thoughts and not those from the past. So here's a whole lot of past all in one post: P.S. If you are having Rachael Blogging Twilight Withdrawels...see my previous post!


PAST:
On January 1, 2010 at 12:32am, I wrote:

"Rachael is super excited to be getting a new sister in law!!! Congratulations Jake and Sarah!!!"

PRESENT NOTES:
My little Brother Jake is getting married! The date is set for October 17, 2010 and I was asked to be a bridesmaid. I guess along with the duties a bridesmaid has, I will be hitting the gym or the track or the Wii Active...or whatever. The wedding is 4 months away...I guess I better get started.

Jake proposed on New Years Eve and then headed over to our cousin Nate's house where we were able to bring in the New Year. It was a lot of fun. I have some crazy embarrassing video somewhere on my server and I'm not going to post it here because, well, I'm in it...


PAST:
On January 1, 2010 at 12:45am, I wrote:

"Apparently my little baby pushed all the way til' 11pm without even taking a nap today...glad I didn't have to see any meltdowns! Happy New Year!"



PAST:
On January 2, 2010 at 12:50pm, I wrote:

"Happy Birthday to my sweet baby Carly Fox...2 years old today. Where has the time gone?"





COMMENTS:
~Jennifer Durling Maness Nelson: Happy birthday little Carly girl!
~Jenna Sorenson: Happy Birthday lil Lady!
~Tammy Larsen: WOW! That just goes to show that it's been far too long since I've seen you guys! Happy Birthday to your little Fox! :)
~Jennifer Thompson: Happy Birthday girlie!
~Lelah Rothschild: Carlie says "Happy Birthday Carly!"
~Jody Stout Jensen: Happy birthday Carlie!
~Anna Durling: Happy B-day little cute one!

PRESENT NOTES:
For the first time ever, I didn't throw a huge birthday party for one of my kids. Carly's birthday crept up on me and I found myself too exhausted from the previous holiday's to really do a huge party. Nonetheless, she got two birthday cakes and a small party with the Gleason's, Gilberts and other family members. A homemade cupcake cake on her "real" birthday and a store bought cake and a homemade birthday crown, fit for royalty made by Malia the next day. Happy 2nd Birthday Carly!
___________________________________________________

PAST:

On January 4, 2010, I wrote:


"I...don't know why I continue to torture myself with doing the elementary school yearbook."


COMMENTS:
~Heidi Menebroker Lettau: because you love us. =)
~Stephanie Bailey Alston: Because you know in the end that nobody could do it better!
~Heidi Menebroker Lettau: Oh yah, that's a better answer.
~Lelah Rothschild: Definitely! You do a great job! Also, no one else wants to do it?
~Diane Pettigrew Davison: Because moms like ME that can't be there to enjoy it :) Thanks for doing it!!
~Kristi Goldrup: because we love you!...2 weeks till bonita..i will turn in all the 6th grade field trips on a cd..as soon as we are back....promise.....anything else you need help with let me know.......you rock!
~Amy Ortiz Bodily: Overacheiver!!! I was once like that. LOL

PRESENT NOTES:
All I can say is that I am soooo glad the yearbook is finished. Now I have to figure out what to do next year. I know for a fact that there are many other posts abut the yearbook, so I will share photos with those posts.
_____________________________________________________

PAST:

I wrote: "I...think it's funny that Carly is Rockin' the Spiderman costume..."


_______________________________________________________

PAST:
On January 6, 2010 at 6:24pm I wrote:

"Carly is preparing to jump off the table now...With the rate this girl is going, she'll be jumping off the roof by the time she's 3!"




(I know that these pictures are not of Carly jumping off of the table, but they are of her jumping and that blur in the photo above, well, that's Carly too)

COMMENTS:
~Holly Graham Matua: Moni loves jumping off the tables...the bunkbed ladder..the couches..beds...luckily he has not done the countertops....I can't beleive she'd doing that...Ugh....girls aren't suppose to do that just boys right? Tell her that...lol...:)
~Candice Nite: Ha ha, sooo funny!
~Jared Graham: It's ok for her to jump off the roof just as long as she's making a home movie.
___________________________________________________

PAST:
On January 6, 2010 at 9:26pm, I wrote:

"My husband ROCKS! He writing a script for me to help me with the yearbook...It will save me about 8 hours of work...yes people, he does love me...(the script will take the mass file I have of all the student's photos and put them in their individual class folders with a click of a button)...I love being married to a computer nerd...Nerds are cool!"

COMMENTS:
~Nikki Painter: That rocks! I feel your pain having done the YB for a whole elementary school in the past myself. I'm glad I only have to contribute pictures anymore (although I end up being the one to sort and tag everyone's contributions on our Flickr page, *lol*).
~Kefu Pupunu: Nerds are Cool...I wish I was one!
~Kefu Pupunu: I was just informed that I cannot be a Nerd... That Nerds are smart... and a Nerd with no Brains is just a "Dork"...
~Sheree Sultana-Bos: What a guy....don't ya just love the little it's things like that, that truely show much us they love us. my engineer computer nerd does the same stuff for me...gotta love it!!
~Rachael Poindexter Durling: oh ya, I forgot to put his official "Engineer" title on my post...makes for the whole "Nerd" experience...Hahahha..
~Sheree Sultana-Bos: the sad but tryue thing is mine is really an engineer computer nerd, no joke....yep smarty farty...can you say nerd. But I love that guy, going on almost 17 years
~Rachael Poindexter Durling: no, it's not sad, mine is really an engineer too...so you know what I mean...Love mine too...13 years and counting!
~Sheree Sultana-Bos: Wow...we have something in common our engineer computer nerd husbands who love us!!! NICE
~Kefu Pupunu: My wife loves me too, but I'm a Dork!
~Holly Graham Matua: I wish i was a computer nerd...that way i would know what i'm doing and be computer smart too...*) Good for you Rachael to be able to use your hubbi's talent as much as you can....i swear i wish i was a nerd...lol...i know your yearbook is major work.....Dorks are funni...*p
~Melissa Hogge: Thats so awesome!
~Lelah Rothschild: Love it! My hubby is a computer nerd too! He can do anything:)

PRESENT NOTES:
Yes, it is still true, my husband does rock and did rock that script...It saved me so many hours of work!
_______________________________________________________
PAST:

On January 7, 2010 at 3:04 pm, I wrote:

"Really??? REALLY? My camera is fried!!!!!! Oh, and WHITE!"


(above is a picture of me with my very first DSLR Camera...the one that broke!)

COMMENTS:
~Heidi Menebroker Lettau: What happened, I just saw you with it? Wahoo new camera, right??? right???
~Rachael Poindexter Durling: I don't know what happened. I was using it at the school and the last 10 or so pictures were mostly black. I thought at first it was my card, but through trial and error, I realized that it was the camera not the card...sucky!!!! Anyway, what kind of camera do you have? I sure hope I'm getting a new one...my bday is next week...soooooo...hopefully. I need some ideas on what kind to get...any suggestions?
~Quinn Bane: Is that why you looked upset after school?
~Heidi Menebroker Lettau: I have a Nikon D60 and love it. I think next time I'd get a Canon just for fun. =) **waving at Quinn** "Hi"!
~Quinn Bane: Hi Heidi!! Rachael, so do you want a DSLR or a fixed lens?
~Rachael Poindexter Durling: I didn't find out until after I got home...did I really look upset??? Maybe it was because I knew chiaos was coming home with me...hahahah....I'd prefere a new camera but a fixed lense will do...
~Quinn Bane: I really like my Fuji S6000, and I can take pretty decent ( although not long) movies with it. though it is a few years old. You know the new ones are even better.
~Rachael Poindexter Durling: I found a killer deal on ebay for the Nikon D90. It comes with a crud load of stuff. I'm looking into it more...Is that what your husband was using at the choir thing at santa's breakfast?
~Quinn Bane: He has a Nikon D40. but he wishes he had gotten at least the D60. he can't auto focus on some of his lenses. But your right he was using my camera to tape it.
~Evonne Olson Ballard: Nikon, all the way. I've had a Canon and wasn't as in love as I am with my Nikon now.
~Heidi Menebroker Lettau: If you are going to get the 90 look at the 3000 I think it is? It has video on it. I miss having video on my camera.
~Quinn Bane: My father in law has the 3000 it's a beast!
~Heidi Menebroker Lettau: Really? It didn't look that big to me. Huh? Well good to have input from someone that has it.
~Rachael Poindexter Durling: I'm not worried about video, but for some reason I thought that the D90 had video, maybe I'm confused since I've been reading on all different kinds of cameras...I have a video camera already...Thanks for all the tips, keep em' coming. I'm still leaning towards the Nikon d90...but I need to go make dinner...or clean, or do something so that when Patrick comes home he doesn't think I've sat at the computer all day (which I have) :-)
~Heidi Menebroker Lettau: LOL Rachael.
~Christine Brown Santos: oh that sucks! i have the d40, love it, however i would rather have the d60 or higher ;) because they have more lenses. good luck.

PRESENT NOTES:

Yes, my digital Canon Rebel SLR stopped working correctly. Patrick thought he could fix it, so he spent all night one night and fixed it. Until...a shock was felt through his body and fried the camera. He was so mad for spending so many hours trying to fix the darn thing only to have it completely fry as he was putting it back together...it was a bad day...but hey, I got a new camera...stay tuned for a past post all about it ;-)AND the little ending that said "Oh, and White"...well, there was this secret forwarding email going around on facebook. Basically all the women would send this chain email to each other that said something to the effect that since it was Breast Cancer Awareness Month, change your status update to the color of bra you are wearing...only the color and nothing else. So all the guys on facebook were trying to figure out why all these women were posting colors as their status updates...It was so world spread that it actually made the news...yes, I get tricked into playing little games like these on facebook.
______________________________________________________

PAST:

On January 8, 2004, at 2:04pm I wrote:

"I walked by Ethan's room and heard in a grown mans voice "Are you going to F***ing answer me?" Walked into the room and found the Walkie Talkie on. Apparently we had some interference...thank goodness none of my kiddos heard it...geesh!"

COMMENTS:
~Jennifer Durling Maness Nelson: Holy crap! That is lucky. I thought you were going to say you found Patrick in there yelling at Ethan. Whew! Sorry, evil flashbacks.
~Stephanie Bailey Alston: woah, that's creepy!
~Heidi Menebroker Lettau: Did your heart skip a beat?
~April Hahn: Def Creepy !!
~Evonne Olson Ballard: Yikes!
~Jeniffer Taylor Ketcherside: whoa that is really scary
~Jennifer Thompson: Hmmm....walkie talkies don't have a large range. Wonder which neighbor that was!
~Anthony Durling: Those kiddie ones are not that great. Probably Patrick in the other room. LOL
~Rachael Poindexter Durling: They aren't the kiddy ones, but they definately aren't top quality either....Is there someone named Tom that lives around us Jen?
________________________________________________________

PAST:

On January 9, 2004 at 9:44pm, I wrote:

"I...got a new camera...YAY!!!! Went in to get the Nikon D90 and left with the Canon 50D...doesn't do the HD video but it's a way better camera so excited to learn all it has to offer...."





COMMENTS:
~Heidi Menebroker Lettau: Awesome, I hereby resign. =)
~Jennifer Thompson: woo hoo
~Joye Griffith-Underwood: YAY!

PRESENT NOTES:
I Love LOve LOVE my camera! I am still learning how to use it, but I think my photography is amazing. Once again, you can check out my photography blog at www.rachaeldphotography.blogspot.com and my website: www.rachaeldphotography.com
_________________________________________________________

PAST:

On January 11, 2010 at 5:58pm, I wrote:

"2 kids got shots today. They both cried for each other....so sad, yet, so cute!"

COMMENTS:
~Jeniffer Taylor Ketcherside: awww

PRESENT NOTES:

It was a little strange. Ethan went first. I could tell that he was nervous and knew what was going to happen, but he didn't even flinch or try to get away. He sucked it up and took the shot. He cried a little, but Carly got upset at seeing Ethan upset. After his shot, Ethan went over and hugged Carly and said that he was ok. Then it was Carly's turn. She cried while getting the shot and then Ethan started crying for her and was telling her that she would be ok. The nurse thought it was so cute how they comforted each other. Ethan and Carly have a very special bond. They are great friends!
__________________________________________________________

PAST:

On January 12, 2010 at 8:14 pm, I wrote:

"Me: "when did you miss school?" Raya: "When I had the flu?" Me: "Oh, when you had the swine flu" Raya: "I didn't have the swine flu, I didn't snort." AND SHE WAS SERIOUS...HAHAHAHAHA!"



COMMENTS:
~Christine Brown Santos: hahaha
~Holly Graham Matua: LOL......thas so funni...
~Jennifer Thompson: Can I snort at her next time I see her? LOL
_________________________________________________________

PAST:

On January 13, 2010 at 5:11pm, I wrote:

"Whoa!!! Massive Facebook Email Overload today! Thanks everybody for the birthday wishes...I had to do the math to figure out how old I was...Thank goodness it was one year less than I thought. Phew!!!!"







PRESENT NOTES:

My wonderful visiting teachers, Jody Jensen and Corri Brubaker, gave me the beautiful flowers and my good friend Stasia surprised me with the yummy Clown Cone from Baskin Robbins. Patrick bought a cake that said "Happy Birthday Rachael" on it and then added the "33 in blue gel frosting after he got home" It was a very simple day that I enjoyed very much!
______________________________________________________________

PAST:

On January 14, 2010 at 10:18am, I wrote:

"left over birthday cake and diet pepsi makes for a great start of the day don't ya think?"

COMMENTS:
~Denise Ewing Pinnegar: sounds good to me!!:)
~Kristi Goldrup: my favorite!
~Candice Nite: ha ha!
~Quinn Bane: I missed a great opportunity to honk and yell happy birthday today... darn it. Well happy belated birthday anyway!
~Joye Griffith-Underwood: YUM! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY RACHAEL!
~Tammy Larsen: birthday cake for breakfast...mmmmm!
~Rachael Poindexter Durling: and dinner....Hahahahahah!
~Tiffany Trudeau Boyle: I love those kind of breakfast's!!!
_____________________________________________________________

PAST:

On January 18, 2010 at 5:55pm, I wrote:

"I...a full tank of gas for $0.67...seriously!"

COMMENTS:
~Teresa Black: Ok, how did you do that? My tank is empty right now.
~Denise Ewing Pinnegar: WOW!! How did you do that!????
~Michele Upson: Was it through Safeway? That is great!!
~Rachael Poindexter Durling: I guess the ticker thing wasn't working correctly and I didn't noticed cause I was in my car since it was pouring rain. After I filled up, I figured the true amount would reflect on my receipt. It didn't, so I went into the station and told the guy. He told me that he thought my gauge was off and I assured him it was fine. It was like he didn't believe me...all I was trying to do was be honest, but whatever...He said thank you and that he would keep an eye on it. I came home and checked my bank and sure enough...67 cents was charged....good thing is, I don't even feel guilty about it since I did the right thing...
~Nikki Painter: Wow! Lucky you!
~April Hahn: Wow! can you tell me what gas station and what pump you were using... lol
~Heather McDowell West: buy a lotto ticket... you are on a roll!
~Melissa Kriser Bowers: Your LUCKY day! Did you just pay your tithing!!!!
~Denise Ewing Pinnegar: that is awesome!! You are so lucky!!
~Candice Nite: Yeah, no guilt on that one! Not ur fault he didn't believe u. You chose the right, lucky you!
~Amber Ballard Rice: That's awesome.
~Tiffany Trudeau Boyle: Being honest pays off again!! I love when that happens...I only got a free Blockbuster video but it does feel better not to feel guilty!!!
___________________________________________________________

PAST:

On January 21, 2010 at 4:21pm, I wrote:

"little arms wrapped around my neck in a sweet hug is the best feeling in the world!"

COMMENTS:
~Jeniffer Taylor Ketcherside: absolutely
~Kelli Poindexter: My favorite is when Rylie says, "mama I hold you". Melts my heart.
~Lelah Rothschild: Totally agree!
~Barbara Sell- Whitlock: I so agree!
~Holly Graham Matua: Love the feelling...a lil of heaven for a while...
~Jennifer Durling Maness Nelson: And when they're 19 and come home to visit, big arms feel nice too. Good message....thanks. :)
__________________________________________________________

PAST:

On January 22, 2010 at 9:34am, I wrote:

"I'm...gearing up to teach preschool....I need a lot of gearing today...."







COMMENTS:

~Jennifer Thompson: Eat a lot of chocolate...that always helps!
~Dorothy Fowler Gregersen: somewhere or at home??? It will be fun fun fun... I had a blast when I taught at Sally's...

PRESENT NOTES:

I guess I never did blog about Joy School (that's really kind of Sad!) Basically 5 kids and their moms were our Joy School group. I didn't want to pay $130 a month for Ethan to go to preschool (I must be in the wrong business!). So, Kristine Miller (Karley's mom), Amy Stockett (Logan's mom), Kelly Davis (Scot's mom), and Kristen Bradford (Morgan's mom) and I got together and rotated teaching preschool in eachother's homes. Looking back, it was so worth it! We only paid $60 for the entire school year. Some days were harder than others, but like I said before , it was so worth it. The schedule was Tuesday'ss and Friday's from 10am-12:30pm. We had a schedule with what number/letter/theme we would teach and even had field trips! Some of the field trips were to The Dentist office, the Folsom Zoo, Safetyville, The Pumpkin Patch, Fairytale Town, and even to Baskin Robbins. Carly even got to participate in preschool when it was held at our house. Ethan and his friends had a swim graduation party and graduated on May 25th and they are now ready for Kindergarten!




_________________________________________
PAST:

On January 23, 2010 at 7:25pm. I wrote:

"does anyone know how to give a 5 year old "the Force"? He just doesn't seem to understand that it's pretend..."

COMMENTS:

~Nikki Painter: That's just what you think, Moooooom. :-p
~Jennifer Whitmore: Tell him he must grow into it, and it will come to him.
~Scott M. Robinson: Last time i used the force in traffic and a van's tire blew out, u gotta be careful with that stuff!
~Alyna Reagan: Ooo ooo I do I do! JR happens to have the force! He showed me the other day. It went a little something like this...

"Watch mom I have the force..."

*licks hand and advances toward little brother with hand outstretched*... See More

*Little brother instantly backs away*

I cracked up. It was true...he has the force!!!
~Brandy Amos Greer: No worries, it'll all make sense to him soon enough. Enjoy it now!
~Jody Stout Jensen: Say what! The force is pretend??...
~Jason Poindexter: I'm with Jody!
~Belinda Lawlor Durling: Hey! We just talked about this yesterday. Liam had a Star Wars bday party. We watched the part where Luke uses the force to stand on his hands holding Yoda up. I told the boys that their force was their strength and self will. We had a hand stand contest. Only one boy was able to lift up on his hands (off of his head). Later we told Liam that the force was the spirit.
~Jake Poindexter: He already has it.
_______________________________________________________

PAST:

On January 27, 2010 at 11:30am, I wrote:

"Rachael Poindexter Durling I think Carly is going to be a hair stylist when she grows up...The girl can't keep her hands out of my hair...she's brushing it right now...."

COMMENTS:

~Heather Pearson: Tanith loves to do that, too! She even brushes her stuffed animals and puts bows around their ears. But when it comes time to brush her own curly locks, well...that's a different story.
~April Hahn: LOL- I'm getting my hair did right now as I type. They can go to School together!! :)
~Holly Graham Matua: has she given you a scalp massage yet...lol....you wouldn't complain about that would you?....lol
~Tammy Larsen: You know you're loving every minute of it! ;)

PRESENT NOTES:

She's a natural. She does the whole holding the hair with one hand while brushing it with the other trying to put it into a ponytail. As some of the comments said above, I really do love when people are playing with my hair, just not a two year old...Hopefully she will still enjoy playing/doing my hair when she's older and understands how to be more gentle...then I will be in heaven!
________________________________________________________

PAST:

On January 29, 2010 at 5:44pm, I wrote:

"Ethan asks me if we have Oatmeal...I told him that I forgot to get it at the store. He says, "You always forget stuff...you should have a list." He's 5 people...5 years old!"

COMMENTS:

~Jake Poindexter: See. He was using the Force...
~Jeniffer Taylor Ketcherside: my 4 year old is the same way am I smarter than a 5th grader heck no I don't think I am smarter than my 4 year old it just goes to show we are born knowing everything and we forget it as we get older
~Melissa Hogge: Thats funny!
~Tiffany Trudeau Boyle: I love when they tell us exactly what is true!!!It hurts but it sure is funny...

PRESENT NOTES:

This is one of the reasons I now have a "Kid Quote of the Week Section" here on my blog. That kid really does say the darndest things!


Wow, it was a lot of work getting January's Facebook Status Updates on here, but I am glad I am doing this. Now on to February...

2 comments:

  1. Wow, lots of updates! Congrats on your new camera. We just got a Canon T2i and I love it :) Thanks for sharing all your fun family moments. I especially love the Carly blur haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I forgot that your birthday was the same day that my baby Diana was born... but not until 10:39 p.m. What fun!

    ReplyDelete