"Mommy...Are we going to Raya's Bolly Ball" ~Carly Fox
Like my previous post mentioned, Raya is on the volleyball team at her school. At her first game I came prepared with my camera to take some awesome pictures of her, but just before her game began, Carly saved herself from falling headfirst onto some concrete, but in doing so, she hit her nose on a metal pole and after we cleaned up the what seemed to be a never ending gush of blood, I could see that she bruised the heck out of it...so much so, I thought it could possibly be broken:
Fortunately for me, a friend of mine whose daughter was on the opposing team, was there and she just so happens to be a nurse. She took a look at it and told me that even if it were broken, they (the doctors) wouldn't do anything about it because they don't want to XRay the face. So, as Carly sat and pretty much cried the entire hour, I took the few pictures you saw in the previous post. Here's Carly the day after:
You can see that it is still swollen (was swollen for over a week) and a little bruised around the inside of the eyes. Ethan just so happended to have a doctor appointment the day after Carly hit her nose and so I asked the doctor if he could take a look. He said that her nose wasn't broken, just bruised and swollen. Phew!
Yesterday's game prove to be a much better experience for both Carly and I. Here are just a few more photos of miss Raya...She's really taking to this volleyball thing...I almost wanted to get out on the court and play with the girls...almost...







Those are some awesome pictures of Raya! I didn't realize she was so athletic. I hope she keeps it up :)
ReplyDelete