I planned a Color War scavenger hunt birthday party for both Raya and Malia. I learned a few things the first time around and changed it up a bit once Raya's party rolled around. It was super easy, super cheap, and a total blast! I think the hardest part was making sure everyone RSVPed and having enough drivers to make up the teams. Each party ended up having 3 teams. Each team had a battle bag with items they may need for their different battles (scavengers). Each team gathered as a whole where instruction and rules were given and then they were off!
MALIA'S PARTY:
I blew up over 100 balloons to make a balloon garland. I found instructions on Pintrest. It was super easy to make, but very time consuming. I actually left it hanging up over the kitchen table for almost a month so that I could use it for both parties. I was happy when I could finally walk by the table without hitting my head on balloons.

Meet the teams:
Team Blue:

Team Yellow:

Team Green:

All ready to go:

There were a bunch of different tasks and the kids could pick and choose which ones they would do based on how many points they wanted to earn in the time frame given (90 minutes) These are a few of my favorite ones:
























One of the tasks was that they had to find a photo booth and do pictures in them. Everyone chose to do that task:

We came back, tallied up the scores and since it has been so long since the party, the winner has left my brain. I want to say it was the green team, but who knows. We had ice-cream cake (another idea from Pintrest) and it was super yummy!



And the kids destroyed what was left of our trampoline safety net:

Each kid left with a gift card to Big Spoon...YUM!

Malia had a blast! She got a ton of nail polish and gift cards to Walmart, Target, Coldstone, and Jamba Juice. What a lucky girl!
__________________________________________________________________________
RAYA'S PARTY
I am so glad that I chose to do pretty much the same thing for Raya's birthday party that I did for Malia's. The Tuesday before Raya's party is when we ended up in the hospital with Malia for her appendectomy so thank goodness it was all planned out. I did change up the rules a little bit having learned a few things from Malia's party, but essentially it was the same.
Team Blue:

Team Green:

Team Yellow:

And they're off:

A few of my favorite shots:




































We came back and had cupcakes:


which quickly turned into a cupcake fight planned out by the boys of course:


and the green team won by like one or two points:

Happy birthday girls! Phew! I'm glad to finally get this blogged! Until next year...
What a fun idea! And I can't believe you were able to find a pay phone...they're practically extinct these days! Now I want to have a scavenger hunt!
ReplyDeleteI wish you would have posted what each challenge was....some were obvious...some I was VERY curious as to what the task stated! It should be fun looking back...I'll bet you wonder, too! Looks like they all had a blast though!
ReplyDelete