Thursday, June 14, 2012

Fashion

My friend texted me a picture of her son. She had cut his full mane of hair off and left a "rat tail". In the early 90's, Rat tails were a common site. In fact, rat tails were as common as mullets were in the 80's. Anyway, when she sent me that picture, it reminded me of what was considered "cool" fashion back in the day. I was cracking up thinking about bright neon colors, pegged pants, double tube socks (each a different color), pants with stirrups, hyper color t-shirts, team parkas...I could go on and on. I am truly grateful that MOST of these items haven't made a comeback. I write this post because, Raya came out of her room ready for school, looking like this:

Photobucket

I can't wait until she sees this picture in 20 years and says "What was I thinking wearing those". I promise, that day will come...it always does!

No comments:

Post a Comment