Sunday, December 16, 2012

Eight and Angry

IMG_1036

Ethan is turning eight in a few days and true to protocol, we had his birthday party really early in the month. He wanted an Angry Birds birthday party and it was super easy, super cheap, and a ton of fun!

The decorations were so easy and turned out way cute!

IMG_1028

IMG_1027

The pigs above were made from pop up tab cans. I used a can opener on the bottom of the cans to take the peaches out (we ate them) and then filled them with candy and stickers. I just hot glued the bottom back on and voila! An easy "Thank You for coming" party gift that was cheap, easy to make, and fun for the kids to open!

The most expensive part was the cupcakes. I don't normally spend $3.50 a piece on cupcakes, but weren't these just darling?

IMG_1014

All the kids that were invited came except for one:

IMG_1045

Ethan opened presents and got legos, Angry bird stuff, and a really cool circuit board toy:

IMG_1054

IMG_1057

After cake, ice cream, and present opening, the boys played outside on the trampoline, Perhaps the best part of the party was when they played Real Life Angry Birds! I bought cardboard bricks at Toys R Us, and had a few different Angry Bird foam balls. I saved different cans that I used and made "bad piggies" from green paper and printouts: They were way cute!

IMG_1169

I had two slingshots but after Ethan went the first time, the boys realized that throwing the ball was a lot easier and more fun:

IMG_1074

IMG_1076

IMG_1063

IMG_1069

IMG_1123

IMG_1088

Carly wanted to try the slingshot. I love her little face...she actually knocked down some of the bricks using it!

IMG_1195

Of course, after their five turns were up and there were bricks still standing, the kids used their hands and arms to finish the job!

IMG_1200

IMG_1202

Ethan really enjoyed his party and I am glad to have another birthday party under my belt...Perhaps the "bad piggies" are too:

IMG_1209

No comments:

Post a Comment