Monday, December 17, 2012

Movie Stars

The Young Women's president contacted me and asked if I could make some "movie posters" using photos of the girls in our ward for their Young Women in Excellence program. I had a few days to pull it off. I think the hardest part was finding good movie posters to use as a template. I'm not going to post all the ones I did, but I will share with you Raya's. It turned out way cute!

poster_ThePrincessBride copy

During the program, they presented a movie with interviews from the girls and whatnot. unfortunately, Raya didn't go to any of the activities where these interviews were happening so I was asked to video tape her doing something she loves. I filmed her singing. They used it in the video and while watching it, attendees mouth's dropped. They were shocked and had no idea that Raya possessed this talent. Even the bishop mentioned something about it in his closing remarks. Raya loves to sing and like most girls her age, wants to be a singer when she grows up. I've finally let down my protector parent guard and am letting her participate in all the music events she wants while still encouraging her to study hard and get used to blood because she said that if she doesn't become a singer, she wants to be a doctor. Maybe she can be both?

Check her video out:
(You can watch this video on the DVD included at the end of this book)



1 comment: