Sunday, July 27, 2008

Comfortable In My Own Skin

I like to think of myself as "comfortable in my own skin" Sure, I don't wear make-up, I don't even own make-up. In fact the only make-up in this house has pictures of Hannah Montana on it and resides in a Hello Kitty purse in my daughter's room. I keep my womanly figure by eating my kids' leftovers and doing it in between feeding rice cereal to my 6 month old as well as attending the gym whenever I "feel" like it. For the past six months I've been basically a functioning zombie. I'm often caught in public with wrinkled clothes with the delectable scent of spit up as my heavenly aroma. My hair does get brushed and most days my teeth too. I put a bra on before I leave the house but not necessarily when I go out to get the mail. I try to take a shower once a day even if I don't wash my hair or shave my legs and lotion gets put on only out of necessity, like when I am wearing shorts or capri's. But I am comfortable in my skin.
So I've been playing on this website called myHeritage.com. It's quite fun. There are a lot of different adventures one can go on using photos of themselves or whomever. One adventure is the Celebrity Look A-Like. You upload a picture of yourself and then the computer gives you pictures of celebrities that look like you. Knowing that I was most likely going to post it on this blog, I picked out what I thought was a decent almost really good picture of myself and this is what I got:
MyHeritage - free family trees, genealogy and face recognition">
Who would have thought that I looked like a black male??? And who the heck is Kian Egan? Cate Blanchett, Stevie Nicks...am I really that old looking? Come on! Maybe I should go blond... so I can really resemble Sharpay... errr, I mean, Ashley Tisdale. I wasn't satisfied so I decided to try a different photo of me. and this is what I got:
MyHeritage - free family trees, genealogy and face recognition">
All Males! This sure gave my femininity a boost! Apparently I look Hispanic seeing everyone except for that blond headed Backstreet Boys little brother were Hispanic. So, I decided to use yet another photo. When I picked this photo out, I thought that I would use something more of myself, something that captured how I really feel day in and day out...and this is what I got:
MyHeritage - free family trees, genealogy and face recognition">
FINALLY some Freakin' HOT sexy chicks! I knew I had it in me. I learned a lesson today...When you're just being yourself, being who you really are...You're a Freakin' Hot Sexy Chick!

1 comment:

  1. You are LOL funny! What!? You don't own make-up? You are so NOT Sarah's sister! This is such fun post. I want to copy-cat and do this, but I'm scared I'm going to get like Ricardo Montalban-ha-ha!

    By the way, on a serious note, I also read the post about picture day with the babies. Beautiful kids. They got their beauty from you that's probably why you don't need make-up. It's all natural :-)

    ReplyDelete