Thursday, January 15, 2009

American Idol

I started to watch American Idol the other night. I always enjoy the first few shows where they show all the "rejects" and we get a laugh at their expense. I always wonder if they are really that bad and know it or if they are seriously tone deaf. I could barely watch it this time around. I seriously was having issues with the whole show, so I really didn't watch it that much and totally forgot to watch it last night. Am I missing something?

What most of you may not know, is that the show (as with probably 100% of shows on TV these days) are not what they seem to be. They make you believe one thing when in actuality something completely different is going on...How do I know this you may ask?

4 seasons ago, I was here:


Lovely hair...I know!

I met this guy:


Our buddy John...He cut us off driving into the
Cow Palace. License plate...UTAH...good ol' Mormon
boy who I still am trying to hook up with my niece

and these guys:


Ummmm, well...you know...it was San Francisco

I stood in this:


Not as many people that you see on TV hah? Truth is, only half of
the Cow Palace was occupied with American Idol hopefuls.

to get one of these:


Yes, I am wearing super cool 80's hair rollers. I did make sure they
were out of my hair (unlike some people) when I stood in line!

I brought my moral support:


My friend Tammy who should already be famous because she's met
so many fameous people already...I want to be like her when I grow up!

and got up at the butt crack of dawn to do this:


This is an official American Idol Photograph I got off of their website. Please
excuse my lack of knowledge in fashion because I certainitly thought I looked
cool ,but as you can see...I was sadly mistaken.

AND I didn't even once see him:


or him:



or even her:



You see, TV makes you believe it's all happening in that moment, but my friends, it's not. And although I would love to go into details about the whole process, I think I signed my life away when I auditioned that fateful day. I realized two things during that process, 1.) I don't ever want to be on TV and 2.) My career as a Domestic Engineer, is the best job EVER! Besides my kids think I rock...



and that's all that matters!

4 comments:

  1. OMG your fam is super cute! Now I'm YOUR BLOG-STALKER!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!
    Was it really that long ago???

    I feel all special to be mentioned in your blog! ;)

    I'm most curious to see the auditions in SLC. They also went to SF again. (Which I didn't know until they mentioned it on the show.)

    But yeah, AI is kind of off to a slow start this season....

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I just now realized who John reminds me of.
    He could be the younger brother of Toby on The Office!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so hillarious! And the hair looks great!!

    ReplyDelete