Friday, January 23, 2009

Resolutions Are for the Weak...That Would Be Me!

I know, I know...I'm late! But you know what they say...It's never too late to...(fill in blank here). I'm not big on setting the ever so trendy "New Year's Resolutions"...I don't even remember the last time I did set them or if I ever have set them before...

I've been a bit stressed out lately. I don't stress easily. It takes a lot, but I have felt deadlines for things that I need to get done weigh upon me even more so these past few months than ever before. I've been thinking a lot about setting some goals for the year so I am finally going to put it down on paper...or at least down on my blog for all to read. So here goes...wish me luck!

1. Finish the Twilight series...I am not a big reader. I actually don't ever read (books that is), and even though I haven't fallen madly in love with Twilight the book, I have fallen in love with Edward the vampire, therefore, my dreamy fantasies of love with a vampire will continue if only through a beautiful human named Bella.



2. Read my scriptures everyday...starting today...even if only for one short scripture...Again, I am not a big reader of books, so this will challenge me, but I know I will be blessed for my efforts.



3. Exercise...3 to 4 times a week...even if it's walking to the school to get the girls.



4. Focus on the important things in my life like my husband and children and even my sibling's. Nothing else really matters, not the school yearbook, not all the other projects that seem to consume my life, including...dare I say, BLOGGING...



5. Say No...not only to drugs (Nancy Reagan knew what she was talking about when she coined the phrase "Just Say No"), but to people asking me to do things. That doesn't mean I will say no all the time or that I won't offer to do things for people. It just means that I seem to always say yes to everything, leaving no time for anything.



6. Not feel guilty for not keeping my New Year's Resolutions...even though I am fully committed to my resolutions and will do my best to keep them, I will not feel guilty for only exercising one or two days a week, or not picking up my Twilight book in a month, or saying yes (not to drugs but to people) and even blogging when I have too many other things to do.



I am committed my friends. How empowering one can get when they accomplish things that they set out to do...Time to dust off my scriptures and turn off the computer because 2009...here I come...I know, I'm a bit late, but 2009 is MINE!

2 comments:

  1. p.s. I think your Kansas City person is Ken-His work computer shows up as Kansas City, for some strange reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Rachael,

    Good luck!

    Don't we all need it!

    Those all look like great goals.
    Love,

    Marqueta

    ReplyDelete