
It's not always easy being four, but it isn't that hard either. Let's face it, the baby of the family is usually spoiled. I'm not talking spoiled with the most items or spoiled with the most love. I'm talking spoiled with the most mommy time. I've come to realize that as my baby gets older, it becomes a lot easier to tote her around with me. Because of this, I do a lot more and go more places than I did when I had a bunch of little kids running around. It also helps to have an older child who can babysit too. My new found freedom has been great. I frequent many places and do my part to keep the economy going.
One thing that little miss Carly gets to do on occasion is have lunch with mommy. She likes Wendy's, I like Carls Jr. It's usually her choice. Eating out is such a treat for all my kids so I do my best to take care of all the evidence of a lunch out with just Carly and I including but not limited to airing the car out because heaven forbid the other children find out that Carly got special treatment. It doesn't matter if I get the last french fry out of the carseat, 90% of the time, Carly tells the kids that we had lunch out. Ethan in particular gets so upset that tears are even shed!
The other day I was working in my bedroom and listening in on a conversation between Carly and Ethan. All of a sudden I hear Carly say, "Ethan, we had Wendy's today." Ethan of course got upset but thank goodness no tears were shed. This would not be out of the ordinary except for the fact that we did NOT eat out that day! I could not believe my ears! My little baby girl has figured out what makes Ethan tick and pushed his buttons all on her own during a conversation that was as normal as a 7 and 4 year old getting along would have. I am not sure where she learned this "ha, ha, ha, ha, ha" behavior! She's four people....four! Heaven help me!
No comments:
Post a Comment