Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Right Place...Right Time...

Have you ever felt like little things fall in place for something big to happen to not just you, but those around you? It's rare, I know, but today something very minor happened that made a huge difference to me and probably a total stranger...

I'm not going to lie, I am a total scaredy cat. I think of anything and everything bad that can happen in any situation. I would never Ever EVER pick up a hitch hiker because all of them have a gun and will shoot me and my kids for my wallet and car, but today something just happened...almost out of my control.

I was heading back from Sam's club thinking I was going to stop off at another store before I hit home. I was tired and after making a mad dash to Burger King, I decided just to head home and venture out again tomorrow. I saw the red light and the mass amount of cars in front of me. I looked in my review mirror and saw I was the last in line, I saw the lady walking down the side of the street with a big roller suitcase that creeped into the main rode from time to time. As I slowed to stop, she turned around with her thumb out. My first thought was "Crap, I had to stop right in front of this chick...don't make eye contact...don't make eye contact." She turned and started walking, but I swear it was like someone took over my body and I rolled my window down and asked where she was heading. It was pretty much right up the street and I told her to get in. She was so grateful and sighed with relief. Turns out her bag was full of beads that she was going to be making items to sell with and it weighed a ton. We had a nice conversation and her destination was on my way home.

I've been spring cleaning around my house lately. Yesterday I cleaned out the pantry and filled a bag full of non-perishable items that we just haven't used. I was going to donate them to a food bank and for some reason, I put them in my car today not even knowing where I would take them. I even thought at one point I wouldn't ever be able to get rid of it, but here I was, with this lady who didn't seem homeless but just kind of down on her luck trying to make her way to her daughter's house to visit her 4 year old granddaughter who could use this food. Again, she was very grateful with another sigh of relief. I helped her get her stuff out of the car, gave her the food and a hug and wished her luck and she was on her way.

I don't tell you this because I want everyone to think I am awesome, I tell you this because sometimes the Spirit of Christ is so powerful and every little thing that didn't seem relevant during the day becomes everything to one person. I don't normally post spiritual or things that are personal on here, but I think it is a good reminder that we are all brothers and sisters and when the spirit is yelling at you to do something, you probably should. I did today and I learned a very valuable lesson. Do some good people...it feels great!

No comments:

Post a Comment