Monday, January 5, 2009

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow...

I love where I live. I love being able to drive 2 hours and sit on a nice warm sandy beach looking out to rippling waves of the Pacific Ocean and I love being able to drive 2 hours up to the mountains where it snows, play in it for awhile and then leave the snow behind when we return home. Carly turned one and on her birthday we decided that we would head up to the snow to celebrate her special day.




We went to a place called Cisco Grove...It was pretty crowded, but we found this really cool tubing park. We paid $10 for parking which was worth it seeing that the other side of the freeway was jammed packed with people. I wished we would have prepared a little better and brought more money so that we all could have gone tubing. It was real cool. They had an escalator type thing so people didn't have to climb the hill to tube. Raya was the only one that got to go tubing because it was $15 per person...a tad too steep for us right now. She had a blast and returned with a soaking wet butt.



Ethan enjoyed climbing hills and throwing snowballs at Malia and daddy, but his favorite part was eating as much snow as he could. Let's just hope it wasn't yellow in color.



Malia also enjoyed throwing snowballs and eating snow. She climbed up hills and slid down on her butt. She had a blast but got cold about an hour in and was ready to get into nice warm jammies and hop into a nice warm car.




While everyone was playing, I took lots of pictures of Carly. Carly wasn't quite sure what to think of the snow and was a little upset that her hands were covered in the snow suit, but she just chilled in the sled as I pulled her around keeping her occupied. She also decided to crawl out while I was watching Raya and explore a little bit. While we were up there, it started snowing pretty hard. It was fun watching her experience snow for the first time. She didn't know quite what to think of it.





As for me...Let's just say, I'm glad I don't live in the snow and I will just keep it at that.

1 comment:

  1. Cute pictures! I love the one of Carly in the sled, with you pulling :) her b-day cake and cupcakes look really cute too. Next time you want to go to the snow, Pawel knows a great place, and it's free... no lifts tho.

    ReplyDelete