My little guy Ethan got lost while outside playing. He ventured into some other people's house thinking that it was his grandma's house only to find it dark and quiet. He thought that everyone had left him. He walked outside and starting bawling. A nice neighbor lady found him and they were able to find us. No one knew he was missing until the lady showed up at the door with him. I felt awful. Ethan quickly came to me and buried his head in my shoulder and let out a very sad cry. Not the "I don't get what I want" or "I'm hurt" cry...the kind that breaks a mother's heart.
The kids had fun going on an Easter egg hunt at great grandma Olson's house. There were 196 eggs for 11 kids. Carly quickly got the hang of it. She enjoyed breaking open the eggs and finding candy in it, although she was a little ticked when mommy took the treasure away.
Great Grandma Olson's neighbors were trying to give bunny's away. Raya thought for sure that she was going to get one, after all, they were "free" and they came with a cage.
Dad and I said no, so she did this:
We had a great time visiting and arrived home just in time for the Easter Bunny to do his thing:
I guess Carly needs to eat breakfast before such nonsense...
Today, we were able to go to church and celebrate the real meaning of Easter, the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. It was great sharing with the primary children the real reason why we celebrate Easter and I was impressed at how much these little children know. Their parents have taught them well.
We came home to a house full of family for another Easter egg hunt. This time, the treasure inside was not candy but...money and pieces of silver.
Easter egg anyone?
Happy Easter everyone...
PS...anyone need a loan? I'm sure my kids can hook you up.
WOW!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you all had quite the weekend!
I want that bunny!!! It's SO cute!
Can't blame Raya for trying!
(and crying)
And that is a whole lot of Easter eggs!!! What are you going to do with them all??
All your pics are, as always, too cute!
Wow - busy weekend. I can't believe you wouldn't let Raya have the bunny! You don't have enough to do!
ReplyDelete