I was reading a friend's blog and she had talked about her son's baptism. It reminded me that I hadn't posted anything about Malia's baptism that happened back in July. I would hate to leave something of that importance out of my life record (if that's what you want to call this blog).
I made invitations inviting special family and friends to this blessed event (address blocked out due to privacy issues):

Malia was so excited to be able to get baptized in the same dress that Raya was baptized in and also have her very own white dress to wear for her confirmation:

Many family members came to watch Malia enter the waters of baptism:

I made invitations inviting special family and friends to this blessed event (address blocked out due to privacy issues):

Malia was so excited to be able to get baptized in the same dress that Raya was baptized in and also have her very own white dress to wear for her confirmation:

Many family members came to watch Malia enter the waters of baptism:

(above: Poindexter's and Durling's)
(above: Uncle Jared Poindexter)
(above: Grandpa Poindexter and Christi)
(above: Grandma and Grandpa Durling)
(Above: Grandma Poindexter and David)
and many friends came as well. Malia invited two of her friends from her class at school and they both came. Malia's kindergarten teacher came too, but we didn't get a picture of her...darnit!

(Above: Parker and his Mom Laura Bruns)
(Above: Elora Dannan)
(Above: Deidre and Kelly Townsend)
Patrick baptized her:

Spotless...clean...PERFECT...Just look at that smile:


Patrick's dad and our friend Pawel were witnesses for Malia's baptism:

Ready to be confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints:

Patrick's dad, our home teacher brother Jackman and Aaron Miller (not pictured) were in the circle while Patrick confirmed Malia. Brother Jackman had driven all night from Utah and even though he missed the actual baptism, he made it in time to be a part of the confirmation. Totally Awesome!

The day was special. We had a luncheon at our house afterwords. We actually stopped off at McDonalds on the way home and picked up like 20 hamburgers just to make sure we had enough food for everyone. Those were the first to disappear. I was able to get Malia's confirmation prayer recorded and typed up into her baptism book (I just need to get that printed...*sigh*)
It's amazing to watch my children grow up. Two kids of mine have been baptized. Time is flying! The next thing I know, I will be watching them get married and having babies of their own. For now, I need to be in THIS moment and enjoy THESE times. I am so proud of the choices Malia has made. She is truly an amazing girl and our family wouldn't be complete without her!







No comments:
Post a Comment