This experience doesn't mean that my kids can't freeze on the ice rink. Patrick practically drug me out of the house and Raya and Malia got to ice skate. They loved it. Malia took to the skates pretty quickly and Raya was doing great by the end of the night…I froze outside waiting for them.




Carly and Ethan got to do a few "carnival" rides. The train was totally fine, but the Ferris Wheel was another story. This is him contemplating the ride:

This is him knowing that it is almost time to get on:

Of course here is Carly all ready to go:

The guy operating the ride spent about 5 minutes talking to Ethan about the ride and telling him how safe it was. I could tell he really wanted to go, but was so scared because it was so high. He kept saying over and over again that he was afraid of heights…which is so true. When he was a baby he would freak out anytime I had him on anything above ground…especially a changing table. How a little baby of 3 months knew he was so high up and cried about it, I will never know…but he has a true fear of heights…and he gets that from his dad. It was high though:


Patrick picked Ethan up and we headed onto the ride and Ethan just busted out in tears. I felt bad, but he was able to make it around twice…and that was about as many times as Patrick could handle too…Patrick was happy to take Ethan off while Carly and I enjoyed the rest of the ride.
Here's what it looked like at the top:

You can see Raya on the ice rink. She's at the bottom left.
We ran into some old friends that had moved to Idaho there. It was nice to see them. The kids had fun (for the most part) and it was nice to get back into the car and defrost from the cold.
Here's Ethan before the whole Ferris Wheel fiasco:

I won't make him do that again...I promise.
No comments:
Post a Comment