Saturday, December 31, 2011

My Year...Facebook Style

Warning...Mass Posting Alert!

It is the end of the year and that means I need to start fresh in January, so THAT means, I am playing catch-up with everything that I am going to want printed in the 2011 year Durling Day Blog Book.

As you are aware, Facebook has played a major roll in keeping my life organized and not allowing me to forget the important things to post. It also has an app that allows you to view all your status' you made throughout the year. Of course, they won't let you copy and paste them, so I spent a few days typing the important ones up in Word and without further ado...this was my year...FACEBOOK STYLE:

2011

JANUARY

Shopped my little heart out today and got some wicked deals at the thrift store…a new wardrobe for Raya and I for under $200…I know you're jealous!

Is thinking that it probably isn't a good idea to be planning a birthday party and a baby shower on the same day, but am doing it anyway. Somebody send me a few more hours in the day please…

Enjoyed and awesome evening with all my siblings and their spouses last night…They are freakin' RAD! I Love them!!!

Just might be getting the best birthday present ever! A little nephew…I'm sooo excited. Leaving for the hospital now…he and I are going to have a special bond!

Carly is so excited for her birthday party today…she is talking non-stop and running around everywhere. She hasn't even had any candy yet. Totally Awesome!

Burping contest at the dinner table…Really? Who taught these kids manners? And not only that, it's the three girls…gross!

Am I lazy for staying in my PJ's all day or are you just jealous that you can't?

Raya's home from Science Camp…exhausted but happy…now to get her to put that load of laundry into the wash…

FEBRUARY

Carly almost cut a huge chunk of hair off today…I caught her right before she clipped the scissors…Phew!

has graduated…errr…I mean has been discharged from Physical Therapy! Can I get a Whaaat!

poor baby girl is sick again…103 degree temp! Yuck…making me think I need to reconsider the decision I made NOT to get my kids the flu shot…hmmm.

Thinks it's pretty funny or actually stupid that Band Hero bleeps out the word "whisky" and not a curse word…

it's amazing how much cleaner your house feels when the carpets have been cleaned…love it!

thinks a Diet Pepsi is in order!

I am Number Four = Awesome!

Wants to update my blog bad…can't find the time *sigh*

The X-Rays have spoken…finally. Raya has a broken tailbone. She tripped and fell butt first on the concrete at school 2 weeks ago…we just found out today that it's broke.

Long night…Carly took a trip to the ER after eating probably 50 gumballs. She started puking them up and it lasted for a long time. I counted over 40 pieces of chewed gum in her vomit. She seems fine now, but mom and dad are tired.

MARCH

Just totally rocked the pregnancy yoga workout video…ya, I'm that good! LOL~
has been rockin' a sore throat the past few days…kind of sucks!

Carly just downed two McDonalds hamburgers, a bowl of blueberries, a couple of strawberries and 2 go-gurts…this is after she had a bowl of cereal, a piece of toast and a peanut butter sandwich…think she's having a growth spurt? I think yes!

I'm pretty sure I have the most awesome brothers and sisters and cousins ever!

My dad just called me and asked whose birthday it was today. He said he read on facebook it was someone's birthday. I told him I didn't think it was anyone's birthday. He then wished me a happy birthday in case he forgets mine…Hahaha

Being sick + TV = Crazy wacked out dreams…4 nights of them!

There's just something NOT right with food dyed green…gross!

girls scout thin mints will be the death of me…at least for today. Tomorrow is a new day right? I'll just finish off the cookies tonight so their won't be any to tempt me tomorrow…hahaha

$200 later and 3 of my 4 kids are registered for soccer. Thank goodness I didn't have to buy uniforms this year…

STOP RAINING RAIN!!!! (This is me screaming and stomping my feet)…I'm so over the rain, but apparently it's not over for another 3 days!

took Raya to the doctor…so how did I end up leaving with a vaccination? Hmmm.

After 5 days of being a single mom…I'm ready for my husband to be home! The laundry is even done (at least for today)…we miss him and are excited to party with him tonight…that is if he's up for partying after being in Las Vegas all week…

is amazed at what waking up 10 minutes earlier can do. We're just sitting here waiting until we can leave to go to school…

is cuddling with my nephew…I think I'll be on the couch with him all day!

Needed: Home for 3 year old little girl. Showing signs of being spoiled, but will work for bribes. Contact the lady with earplugs. Thanks!

APRIL

Found myself reading GQ magazine this morning… getting some insightful information on the opposite sex that I can use to my advantage…I guess my husband forgot to put his man bible away…sucky for him…Hahaha

just listened to Carly count to 59 with only missing 15 with no help. Yes, I'm bragging about my super awesome smart kids again!

Is it me or is it a little creepy that when the ice cream truck guy comes up the street, he sees my kids at the window drooling over what's in his truck and waves to me as I'm sitting at the table eating dinner? I think yes!

FYI…according to Carly, we live in the moon now. Thought you'd like to know!

Ethan has found a new hobby…drawing. He has spent hours and hours and hours doing it for the past two weeks.

wishes I had a constant video camera rolling in every room in my house to capture the moments that are simply awesome!

Dear World, my garbage can is full from the rampage I went on last night. Please do not give my kids any extra stuff…they obviously have enough stuff…even after I threw what was on the floor away. That you for your cooperation in this matter. ~Rachael

Daddy made a swing for the kids in our back yard…hopefully we'll be able to get the trampoline up before summer ends…but am grateful our backyard and front yard landscaping is underway!

MAY

Osama Bin Laden is dead!

motivation is key to a successful Monday…I'm freakin' motivated!

confirmation that Coldplay is my favorite band. Walked into Staples, Coldplay is playing over the speakers. Carly says, "I know this song. Mommy this is your song huh?" Driving home from Staples, Carly and I rocking' out to Coldplay. Love my girl and Coldplay too 

Ok extreme couponers…tell me how to get a full tank of gas and then have the station owe me money!

I think it's about time for Patrick to start lifting weights and maybe grow his hair out long. Then I'll buy him a Thor outfit…

Worked my booty off (literally), struggled at times (almost daily), but alas, I have dropped 20 lbs. It feels so good that I'm gonna keep going!

Thinks it is pretty funny that every time I change Anthony's diaper, Carly asks me if he's still a boy.

tummy ache made for a not so good night and morning…functional but just blah!

Carly just told me she ate her booger. After I told her it was gross, she told me it tasted good…I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

Cooking up my award winning chili...well, it will be award winning after tonight.

So proud of my Ethan. Got blood drawn today. He really is a brave boy with no crying…Anthony cried for him instead…LOL!

Why can't laundry be as cool as facebook? I fold a few things, help the kids with something, fold some more and then end up here totally ignoring the fact that there is still laundry business to be had… ahhhh, better go finish the load on my bed before the dryer buzzes at me letting me know that my torture continues…

watching Raya make some ancient Roman food for back to school night tonight. "Ova Sfongia Ex Lacte" which translates to "Pancakes made with milk"…kind of like scrambled eggs with honey…not too bad, but definitely NOT a pancake!

Haha…I'm watching the show "Numbers" on Netflix…season 2 and this episode has a Native American man named Mr. Clearwater…he is the same guy that plays Harry Clearwater in the Twilight Saga movies…wonder if that was a coincidence.

gonna take my new bicycle out for a spin this morning…

"You're stuck. It's like when you buy a car and then it's crappy but you still have to keep making the payments." ~Patrick Durling (talking about our marriage)…lol

just walked around my house. Every single light was turned on as well as every single ceiling fan. I think that's a real expensive form of child entertainment!

JUNE

envies the women who cook yummy healthy dinners for their families each night…over here it's pancakes…again! I'm totally getting awesome mom of the year award!

thinks I should clean out my closet more often…Found 5 missing shirts that fell off their hangers and hid on the floor…Talk about a new wardrobe…oh wait!

maybe I shouldn't have waited until bedtime to drink my daily 8 cups of water…it's going to be an awesome night.

It's 10am and Ethan and Malia are still sleeping…Does the saying "Never wake a sleeping baby" hold true when they are 6 and 9 years old? What to do, what to do…

Me: "True or False? Mommy will spank your butt if you eat in the living room." Ethan: "True". enough said!

Is super grateful to a neighbor that I had never met showing up on my lawn asking to help me with my yard. He came over with his tractor and what would have been a two week job, turned into a two hour job. Thank you Kent for your wonderful service!

going to get my passport because I'll be heading to a nice warm beach in Mexico to celebrate reaching my mid thirties…Awesome? I think so!

probably should have saved the 3 diet Pepsi's that kept me up until 3am for this morning…*yawn*

Raya has successfully completed and competently performed the required knowledge and skill objectives for the CHILD AND BABYSITTING SAFETY from the American Safety & Health Institute. She is a full blown CERTIFIED BABYSITTER; She is ready to babysit your kids…

JULY

just saw a guy couponing at Wal-Mart with his coupon binder and all. This gives me hope…if a guy can do it, so can I.

How in the heck did I get invited to the National No Bra Day and who in their right mind would actually do it…besides me? lol

Just deleted 312 messages out of my inbox without even looking through them. I'm hoping there wasn't anything important I needed to read…

Motivation and Brain UNITE!... I'm channeling my inner super hero!

Thinking I'm going to need to sell one of my children…Just went to my Ortho appointment and ya… it's gonna be that much!

For those of you who would like to take a dent out of Christmas…head over to Target…I just bought $456.21 of toys for only $173.69…90% of the toys I bought were name brand…I'm talking $50 toys for $13!!! Thank you clearance!

AUGUST

Dear thief gnome living in my house…please bring me back iPod…thanks.

Lookout Sunsplash! Here we come!

School clothes shopping done…3 kids all for under $200 including shoes…yes, I am THAT good!

I dread starting new books…I so badly want to start, but I know my life will be put on hold for how ever long it takes me to get through the series…Starting Michael Scott's "The Alchemist"…now.

Dirty little thief gnome! My iPod has been found…thanks to the Mister who had his good finding eyes on…On a good note…All the kids' rooms are clean spic and span…that should last, oh, like a day…

My husband just bribed me with a new Mac laptop if I go out on a date with him tomorrow…You'd think by that offer I don't ever want to go out…

has been listening to Ethan for the past 20 minutes non stop talking about all the Star Wars Lego figurines he wants. He keeps tugging on my shoulder and making me look at his book…

Whhhyyyy? {{{This is me stomping my feet}}} Why is there always a load of laundry on my bed to fold???

Ethan: "How come I can't have a sleepover with Carly?" Me: "Because it's a school night." Ethan: "School is ruining my life." Hilarious!

SEPTEMBER

got my passport a couple of weeks ago…it's really setting in that I'll be in Mexico celebrating my mid-30's!!! January can't get here fast enough! Now, on to finding someone to watch the kids for a week…

Ethan let me pull his two bottom teeth out last night…it's about time he lost his first teeth…he's almost 7!

Raya is exactly the same height as I am…Patrick measured us…Wowzers!

Oh my gosh! I'm such a nerd!

And the fence between crazy neighbor lady and us is finished! Now onto landscaping…someday soon I will be able to look out my window and see beautiful green grass instead of dirt…I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!

always put on regular clothes when heading to the store (even at 7:30am)…you never know when Fox 40 will stop you and want to interview you…Thank goodness I already knew this…lol.

Both girls having math issues…can't get a hold of Patrick Durling. Start to freak out a little because I am not smarter than a fifth grader…Thought about calling Raya's tutor but decided to figure it out on my own. Successfully taught Raya her math tonight…I'm that good…Malia's math took a quick Google search…all is well in the Durling home…Phew!

Malia: "I was made in America" *giggle from me and her* "That's kind of disgusting if you ask me."

Dear Mother Nature, Thank you for sending me a favorite type of weather. Please let it stay through fall. No more tricks ok? Sincerely, Rachael

I keep hearing what I think is someone getting ice from the freezer. Turns out it's Ethan trying to find certain Lego's from his Lego box…He's been at it for 5 hours straight. Love that kid!

I was using Raya's phone to help diagnose my phone's issues. I had to text myself and found my contact info as "Mom Durling"…like she has another mom…lol.

Ethan, first grader, is currently working on and understanding multiplication. I'm pretty sure that shortly he'll be able to help his sister with pre-algebra…

OCTOBER

Nothing like getting woke up at 6am on a Saturday with one of your kids telling you to come and look at what's on their bed…throw up, that she slept in probably most of the night…laundry and shower at 6am on Saturday…

Raya just asked me for a crimper…I just had a major flash back to when I was her age…seriously!!! Crimped hair? no, no, no!

8am Geocaching with the husband…addicted much?

When my 3 year old gets dressed in a cute outfit, has me do her hair, puts jewelry on, clears the floor, then asks me to take her photo…I think I might be in trouble.

Conversation between Carly and her friend John: John: "You're MaryJane and I'm Spiderman" Carly: Ok. Our babies can Spiderman's." John: "Sure, but they don't have any arms or legs." Carly: "Ok, but they have heads."

Just read a letter sent home from my kid's school…New principal = ex-boyfriend's mom…Hahahaha!

Raya just texted me a picture of her and Carmon Rasmusen from American Idol Season 2…My kid is hanging with the celebrities!

I can hardly wait for the time change coming in a few weeks. This waking up when it's dark outside is nonsense!

People! It is HANDS FREE…not hold your phone and talk into it like a walkie talkie…

I am going to wear my swimsuit everywhere I go next summer. Then I will have an awesome swimsuit tan instead of my awesome farmers one I'm sporting right now…

All right Wednesday…Bring it on! I'm ready to kick your butt!

If my mind pretends I didn't eat a third of that pumpkin roll, will my body pretend I didn't eat it too?

Riddle me this…got a bill from the hospital for an ER visit we had with Ethan back in May. Insurance said it wasn't an emergency (golf ball size lump on his neck that appeared in less than an hour). I call insurance company and with a few short sentences explaining what happened…they agree to pay it...Not complaining, just wondering why it was so easy…

My meatloaf is so facebook worthy. Pineapple was the key ingredient. For someone who hates to cook, I can make a mean meal.

Dear Halloween Candy, Please stay out of my tummy! Sincerely, Rachael

NOVEMBER

Pretty sad when I have to turn my headlights on to drive my kids to school. Can't wait for this coming weekend when I can sleep in an hour and wake up when it's light outside.

While holding a piece of candy, Ethan says to me, "Mom, I'm going to practice unwrapping stuff." Such a clever little child of mine…He totally earned that piece of candy with all that cleverness…

Ummmm, Malia just told met hat she likes getting cavities filled because it makes her feel like she is in a dream…that part is from the nitrous oxide…I'm a tad bit concerned about that…

After suffering a bloody nose from a collision on the field, I heard that Ethan came back with a vengeance and didn't back down to the biggest and most feared player on the opposing team…I just wished I could have been there to see it, but I was watching Raya's team win their first game of the season…

What do you do when you are the only boy with 3 sisters? You pick the biggest booger and chase your sisters around the house with it, basking in the joys of their screams.

Patrick: "Are you happy in our marriage? Me: "I am…3 weeks out of the month!"

I hate it when ONE WORD ruins an entire song…

Carly: "Mom, do princesses go to the bathroom?"

my house is surprisingly quiet…even with 3 kids home. One is reading, one is drawing, and the other thinks she needs to whisper because it is so quiet…loving it!

I'm realizing that my tastes have changed a lot lately especially in movies…I'll take a good action movie over a chick flick any day…Enjoying me some X-Men right now…

Riddle me this…A child who doesn't want to put a tooth under their pillow for the tooth fairy to come? going on 4 days now because he wants to keep it…I feel like I need to bribe him…

My dad took all the kids to the movies this morning…I feel like I should fold some laundry or something, but I'm thinking a pedicure might be more fun!

So many people in this house…I can barely move around. Do I even dare to get up? I might lose my spot! Happy Thanksgiving all…

Is so glad that the leftovers aren't at my house. I will probably be craving that awesome homemade stuffing later on though.

The grass isn't greener on the other side…it's just photo shopped.

I was watching a few videos of Raya when she was a year and a half old…The one thing that kept sticking out to me wasn't the fact that she was super cute (which she was), it was that my house was clean…video after video and my house was not messy…those were the days…hahaha

Dear Mother Nature, Turn of your leaf blower. There is a reason why I cut all the trees out of my yard. Sincerely, Rachael

DECEMBER

Clawing my eyes out. This wind is reeking havoc on my allergies

Got to see all four of my siblings throughout the day today. Such a rare occurrence to happen on just a regular day. This = AWESOME!

Baby girl has 102 degree temp…no fun!

If you are finding that your sippy cup inventory is low, just go clean out under your son's bed and be very thankful that he drinks water before bed and not milk!

Every night feels like a Friday night…I love Christmas Vacation!

I am having major craft idea overload…time to step away from Pinterest!

Nothing like getting woke up to another bloody nose. Second morning in a row, 3rd bloody nose in 24 hours…what is going on with my Ethan?

New year's again? Where has the time gone?

_________________________________________________________________________________

Don't be fooled, there are a few more posts that need to be made...I better get on top of that real quick!

No comments:

Post a Comment