
I still have the ring to this day (so what if it turns my finger green and has an adjustable sizer). I have yet to find anything "off the rack" with the correct spelling of my name since receiving that ring.
As you can imagine, the "hunting for my name in specialized kiosks" experiences weren't fresh in my mind when Patrick and I decided on names for our children. Thank goodness Internet became big and items could be ordered to specifications once my kids arrived here on earth. One would think that with names like Raya and Malia, I wouldn't even bother looking at the "pre-made" items with names on it that we see so much these days (especially around this time of year), but for whatever reason, I can't help myself. Even Carly is hard to find these days and there must be a little hope left in my soul that one day, I will find something...anything that spells my name with that extra "A" in it.
I got a facebook message from a friend who asked if I was heading out and about and if so, to stop by her house. She had something for me...and...this...was...what...it...was.....

Not anything with an additional "A" for me, but RAYA?!?! That name is so uncommon I was surprised that there was even something printed for the mass of people with that name on it. Of course she said a friend got it for her in Dubai...perhaps the name "Raya" is a tad more popular on the other side of the world...
No comments:
Post a Comment